SVB vs Orcullo

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like that Dennis is willing to play anyone at any game at anytime. Filler is the same.

If Shane would line of matches with some of the top euro's, Wu, Chang, etc he would really bring excitement back to the game.

Filler has develop a huge following and has become a big fan favorite due to his willingness to play.

Btw, where is Jayson Shaw? Shaw vs Shane 9b would be a thriller too.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's very cool! Do you also know where they practice? Do they play sets or just play heads up? I wonder who else would be good sparring partners...for both SVB and Orcullo?

Unless someone knows more than I do, I think we should be careful about reading into anything. SVB had been live streaming Earl practicing his Placement Pool game/drills from SVB’s personal table at SVB’s house. All videos seem to be Earl practicing alone in that SVB never approaches the table with stick in hand to shoot a shot. So there’s no real knowing whether Earl is playing a role in SVB’s practice and preparation or if he is just crashing on the couch and hitting balls when he can.

https://www.facebook.com/shane.vanboening/videos/3136730863091755/?extid=0&d=n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Unless someone knows more than I do, I think we should be careful about reading into anything. SVB had been live streaming Earl practicing his Placement Pool game/drills from SVB’s personal table at SVB’s house. All videos seem to be Earl practicing alone in that SVB never approaches the table with stick in hand to shoot a shot. So there’s no real knowing whether Earl is playing a role in SVB’s practice and preparation or if he is just crashing on the couch and hitting balls when he can.

https://www.facebook.com/shane.vanboening/videos/3136730863091755/?extid=0&d=n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's cool with me just the same. I wasnt trying to read into anything really, I was just trying to get some more info which you provided. Thanks

It does have me wondering about possible sparring partners though.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Just ran across this in the Action Room section...

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=518674

Talk about a match of the Titans! Can't make it out on the poster but a comment says 9Ball on a 9' Diamond, race to 120.

Going to be an all time great match up I think!

Orcullo has been playing strong. Being 9 ball instead of 10 ball makes it a dead even match in my opinion. Shane can go the full distance. This will be the closest match in my opinion, with momentum and grit for the full 120 race determining the winner.

BUT...I have lost every single time I bet against Shane.

So I have a mantra:

You don't tug on Superman's cape,

You don't spit in the rain,

You don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger,

And you don't bet against ol' Shane.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Orcullo has been playing strong. Being 9 ball instead of 10 ball makes it a dead even match in my opinion. Shane can go the full distance. This will be the closest match in my opinion, with momentum and grit for the full 120 race determining the winner.

BUT...I have lost every single time I bet against Shane.

So I have a mantra:

You don't tug on Superman's cape,

You don't spit in the rain,

You don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger,

And you don't bet against ol' Shane.
I like it...

I totally understand though. This is really an incredibly tough pick. It could go either way at any time...

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just watched live Dennis robbing that Reyes Gomez guy 10-4, $5K. Have to bank the 10b in the corner.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I like it...

I totally understand though. This is really an incredibly tough pick. It could go either way at any time...

I know, I'm actually leaning toward Dennis on this one, but my ass is still scorched from my couple of bets against Shane.

(I'm kidding about the scorch comment of course. I just bet small just for sheer entertainment value.)

capt hook

Registered
Heard Dennis is #1 money player. I think he is the better shot [at least at this point]. If he breaks well I think he destroys Shan