Tyler Styer vs Jesus Stencil getting the 9 in 10 ball Race tom100 starts now

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been a good match so far. Jesus has been grinding and kept it within striking distance and was able to pull ahead when given the chance last night. Been very impressed with Jesus and his kicking and safety play. To me it looks like Tyler’s style of play is hurting him during this marathon. He puts so much mental energy into his preshot and all around routine of aiming system’s and measuring that he wears himself out and gets weak late in the sessions. I expect Tyler to come out of the gates strong today and make up some ground. If Jesus can apply pressure early and keep the heat on it might be a long day for Tyler though.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how they determined Jesus needed weight. He is relatively unknown. Tyler's camp just looked at Jesus' 722 fargo and decided they could easily give him the 9?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
24-7 in the last thirty one games! BOOM!

Like I said, Jesus had a higher gear,but hadn't found it.

Pool is a funny thing. So often there seems there is only room for one player to play their best. When one gets stronger, the other so often weakens.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been a good match so far. Jesus has been grinding and kept it within striking distance and was able to pull ahead when given the chance last night. Been very impressed with Jesus and his kicking and safety play. To me it looks like Tyler’s style of play is hurting him during this marathon. He puts so much mental energy into his preshot and all around routine of aiming system’s and measuring that he wears himself out and gets weak late in the sessions. I expect Tyler to come out of the gates strong today and make up some ground. If Jesus can apply pressure early and keep the heat on it might be a long day for Tyler though.

Tyler has played other long sessions where his routine hasn't bothered him at all. Just seemed to be a little off yesterday.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tyler has played other long sessions where his routine hasn't bothered him at all. Just seemed to be a little off yesterday.

Yeah only other time I’ve seen him play long race was the Robinson match where he looked pretty solid except for a period during day 2. He just seemed to hit a wall last night. Not knocking what he does cause it works great for him, but it just seems like it would be very taxing in these types of races.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes, but is it less than Chris Robinson??

Rather than repeating what I wrote when this subject was discussed on the forum, I'll quote my own post.

It's uncontestable that Tyler has the better competitive resume to this point, but Tyler lost his two singles matches 5-1 and 5-1 at the 2019 Mosconi. That's a poor effort that didn't nearly measure up to his play in singles at the 2018 Mosconi. It's in singles where one earns their salt at the Mosconi, so the Tyler pick, to me, was far from automatic.

Coach Jeremy Jones has seen far more of these players than most, so I'm OK with his pick, even though one can easily argue with it. He went with a 22 year old with what he must feel has a big upside.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
It's get the cash time now...89-88 Jesus ahead. Really good finish ahead. It is a slow match but it's tightly contested which I appreciate.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesus wins 100-94.
Kid played great when it counted most near the end of the match.

Tyler played very solid and his 10 Ball break is outstanding.

Tyler took the loss like a man, and told Jesus good shooting after it was over.

Rematch brewing for this one I think.

Two great young players both of them.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well...watching Tyler playing it looks like pool is the hardest billiard game...too much this and that...in a long race with this style of playing your stamina should fit.
One of the most important things ...as for the audience ...especially a younger generation there is not so much fun watching such game (imo). I respect him working hard and so on ...and I know "it's easy to be preachy when you're merely an onlooker".
As for Jesus ...I liked his rhytm way better and he deserved the win.

Last edited: