Lost Meucci Cues Found on Ebay

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
The Ebay seller has come through and is working with me to return the cues. He is also out $ as he purchased them through Cargo Largo in KC. This may have a happy ending after all AZ, thanks for everyone's support.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Yer lucky. Good job tho. I hope that you can recover them with a minimal amount of hassle for yourself.

Is this guy from your city, or close. Good that you reported it to the FBI also.

Sounds to me that someone inside has a nice little side line boosting a few packages and obviously selling them to that particular company.

Maybe this supposed company is not all innocent either. I'm sure that the FBI will get the skinny on the scam.

This might be a little bigger than just a few missing parcels here and there. Funny that this guy was in the right place at the right time to buy and flip on EBay. He may
be just an innocent buyer once, or he may also know what's happening on the inside.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya too.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad you found your cues but seriously..if the fbi wastes there time on a couple inexpensive stolen cues I'd be stunned. I would think They have bigger fish to fry lol

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad you found your cues but seriously..if the fbi wastes there time on a couple inexpensive stolen cues I'd be stunned. I would think They have bigger fish to fry lol

I'd guess the FBI was informed because it appears this is a tip that may lead to a larger ring of stolen package scam, which is a federal offense since they go across state lines.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd guess the FBI was informed because it appears this is a tip that may lead to a larger ring of stolen package scam, which is a federal offense since they go across state lines.

Thats true.. I take back my previous comment.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously a stolen merchandise ring. Lost merchandise wouldn't even be offered for sale for AT LEAST 30 days. Several months probably. Not a couple of days. Everyone that has bought anything from this seller in the past should check up on the item they received.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously a stolen merchandise ring. Lost merchandise wouldn't even be offered for sale for AT LEAST 30 days. Several months probably. Not a couple of days. Everyone that has bought anything from this seller in the past should check up on the item they received.

Edit-Never mind

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
Thomas, did you see where the cues were being shipped from?

The seller is in Buckner MO, near a hub where the cues went through. The minimum time for a lost item at UPS to be sold as a lost item is 30 days, and all items are sold from one location...and it's NOT this location. It's 100% a stolen item situation.

The seller first said that I should leave him alone since I would get the insurance $ and that's just how it works (I haven't got any check from UPS yet so, no, I don't have the insurance $). Then he said that he pulled them off Ebay and sold them locally this morning since he didn't want them around anymore.

I am gearing up for seeing this through to the end and prosecuting all individuals involved. I'm also prepared to keep bugging the FBI until they look into this entire situation as it smells very fishy.

Last edited:

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
The seller is in Buckner MO, near a hub where the cues went through. The minimum time for a lost item at UPS to be sold as a lost item is 30 days, and all items are sold from one location...and it's NOT this location. It's 100% a stolen item situation.

The seller first said that I should leave him alone since I would get the insurance $ and that's just how it works (I haven't got any check from UPS yet so, no, I don't have the insurance $). Then he said that he pulled them off Ebay and sold them locally this morning since he didn't want them around anymore, knowing they were stolen he did it anyway so he really broke the law for sure now.

I am gearing up for seeing this through to the end and prosecuting all individuals involved. I'm also prepared to keep bugging the FBI until they look into this entire situation as it smells very fishy.

I hope you get all of the parties involved and prosecute to the fullest extent. Check Craiglist for that area as well. The local police departments need to be contacted as well if you can get the guys name and address.

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
maybe a ton of azers should log into their ebay account and ask hoponn to why he is holding stolen goods and why not return them. You think at this point he would have went down to the buckner mo police department and turned them in if he got them legit in his mind, or of course........ I sold them as they were stolen ??? duh.

JC

Coos Cues
This seller hoponn has a wide variety of items for sale. Just the kind of stuff that would disappear from a UPS conveyer belt. I hope this asshole goes to prison where he belongs. He was probably too stupid to know those cues were so easily identifiable.

I asked him if a laser range finder he's selling is stolen or not. He has a lot of items for sale and should get a lot of similar inquiries. If he is really innocent he would have held on to the cues and not sold them locally once he found out they were stolen.

JC

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that Thomas. The guy seemed in a hurry to get rid of the items. That is, if it isn't a story.

If it was an honest mistake, you would hope that a person would have cooperated with you. He could have been part of the operation as a fence. Certainly sounds by his initial answer to your EBay PM that he knew something was up.

Keep us posted as I would be interested in seeing how this plays out.

I recently got scammed on an EBay item with no recourse. It doesn't feel good.

I would Mark him as a Favorite Seller and watch what he is up to in the future.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

The seller first said that I should leave him alone since I would get the insurance $ and that's just how it works (I haven't got any check from UPS yet so, no, I don't have the insurance $). Then he said that he pulled them off Ebay and sold them locally this morning since he didn't want them around anymore, knowing they were stolen he did it anyway so he really broke the law for sure now.

If your conversations were through email and he said what you stated his goose is COOKED! Just file a report with the local police dept from his home town, ups, and FBI and keep following up... You'll clip the wings of that bird soon enough and mane even a few more.. Good luck

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Then he said that he pulled them off Ebay and sold them locally this morning since he didn't want them around anymore, knowing they were stolen...

Hello boys and girls, in today's lesson we learn how to make a bad situation get a whole lot worse!

He is absolutely connected to this and not just an innocent dupe who bought these thinking they were "lost". If you know this guys actual name and contact info this could get really ugly for him now. Federal mail fraud is actually not something likely to be ignored.