just saw that the predator pro/am tour is to cease operations

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tremendous loss for the new york city area's pool players. wish nothing but the best for tony robles and his family in these unfortunate times.

it really makes you wonder if any of the remaining halls in the area will be next. local nyc governemnt and state governments have not said anything yet when it comes to pool halls, even though bowling alleys and museums have been given the green light.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope when things get back to normal that Predator would be willing to sponsor reviving it with someone eager to take up the mantle of running it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It was, indeed, a superb letter from two very classy people, one of genuine gratitude for all who helped them and all who participated in their journey. Their heartfelt comments and genuine introspection are admirable at a moment that is surely troubling. Tony and Gail are, quite simply, irreplaceable members of the NY City pool scene. Wishing them well.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bad situation, great letter. Hope they find a nice spot wherever they move to. Smart play imo getting out of NY.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony and Gail are wonderful people- I always enjoyed being with them when I lived up North! Best of Luck- hope they come to florida!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys...This thread is about Tony Robles and Predator Tour...NOT POLITICS. :angry: Take it to NPR please.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys...This thread is about Tony Robles and Predator Tour...NOT POLITICS. :angry: Take it to NPR please.

Scott Lee

This x 1,000

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think moderators just need to start handing out temporary bans when it gets to this point when people are aware they are doing it and willfully choosing to continue with it anyway.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

Who in THIS THREAD has said otherwise? :confused: Their letter was very eloquent, and heartfelt. I wish them the best as they embark on a new journey. :cool:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where, fortunately the Sunshine State Predator pro/am Tour remains alive and well!

Yes, they are going ahead with their tournaments - had one a few weeks ago. I would like to play; but a little to early for me yet- at 67 I probably need to just be a little more careful for awhile- wait till next year- then watch out- I've only played in one Sunshine since I moved here two years ago- drew Tommy Kennedy in my first match and he handed me a 7-3 loss.

I'll be back though, I 've got a place to practice now and playing the best of my life- got to check with Tony to see what state he is planning his move. Love to see Tony and Gail down here- if it were SW Florida; I would even consider opening a room with him. He could be a big asset to pool anywhere he goes with his connections and his great reputation.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony has been one of the most respected, hard working and well liked individuals in the entire pool industry for a long time. I’m holding out hope that Tony and Gail decide to settle here in the Carolinas and when the time is right, utilize all their experience to get a successful amateur 9-ball tour started up down here.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Tony has been one of the most respected, hard working and well liked individuals in the entire pool industry for a long time. I’m holding out hope that Tony and Gail decide to settle here in the Carolinas and when the time is right, utilize all their experience to get a successful amateur 9-ball tour started up down here.

I was hoping they franchise the tour and take it national.

Leave some of the locals to support it during reduced billiard hall capacity.

When things turn around they can pick it up again.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

This x 1,000

Who in THIS THREAD has said otherwise? :confused: Their letter was very eloquent, and heartfelt. I wish them the best as they embark on a new journey. :cool:

Right? Am I missing something?

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right? Am I missing something?

The offending posts were blatant and then later moderated (deleted). It’s typical for admins to include comments about the offense in the deletion to maintain the flow of the regular thread. In this case they remained and have the jarring effect you’re experiencing.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The offending posts were blatant and then later moderated (deleted). It’s typical for admins to include comments about the offense in the deletion to maintain the flow of the regular thread. In this case they remained and have the jarring effect you’re experiencing.

Thank you.