New Here? - Introduce Yourself

KWilliams

Registered
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I'm in Long Island, NY. Used to play a little pool in the 90s. Now I'm looking to get back into it again.

Just ordered a Lucasi Custom LZD1 cue, and an Instroke Premier 2x2 case from Seyberts as some new gear to get started.

Last edited:

Jimmy C-Note

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey forum dwellers,
Old timer here.Just a common banger.
Been lurking on and off for a few years.Have not really played much in 25 years but got a 9’ used Brunswick last summer and I am trying to regain some lost abilities. Rusty on the skills but think I can work my way back to polished banger.
Forum has some great info and hoping to learn and have some fun.

cruisinman

Hello from the South East . . .

Hi all!

I have a new Tournament Tour focusing on the South East for the moment.

I'm looking forward to participating in this awesome forum and hope to learn more about Billiards tomorrow than I know today . . .

Tessera

Registered
Hello I'm Thanh from California.
Have been playing for 2 years, but I practice quite a lot. B+- player.
Would love to play around Anaheim/Garden Grove/Costa Mesa area. PM me if you're around here.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great forum!

Have not played pool competitively since the early 90s. Work demands took over.

Have just found this forum 2-3 weeks ago. Quite a bit of info here. Technology seems to have either changed the game or changed people’s perception.

Rebuilding from a flood and will add a 9’ table. Played on 9’ Gold Crowns back in the day, but now everything seems to be Diamond (for a new install). Will be likely posting on this subject.

See lots of stuff about cues and chalk and stuff. I have a standard issue Richard Black from 1987 and a commissioned Zoso cue from him the same year. I also have a 1975 Meucci that was in the first shipment to Nashville after they opened the Memphis factory. But, when I’ve played and used one of my cues over the last 20 years (in local bars, drinking heavily), I have used the three piece Sneaky Pete Tow Boy made for me. Love that cue and plays great. It really ain’t the cue; it’s the stoke.

cecain7

Registered
Hi from Montana. Don't get a lot of time to spend here, yet. Been away from the great game for awhile but, trying to get some time in. Have managed to pick up some good cues over the years and I always enjoy surfing the for sale cues here.

Thanks and I'll be around.

Cain

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi. Played a lot of pool back in the 90s, but had to quit due to severe ‘tennis elbow’. Elbow is healed now, and I recently discovered a local private club with two nice 9’ Brunswick tables. Initiation/dues $35, and table play is free for members (and seldom used). Any 14-1 unthusiasts out there living near Winamac, Indiana?

itdood

Greetings everyone! Been out of the game for about a decade now but looking to get back into it. Recently been checking out the For Sale section as I'm looking to try something different from my current Schon. Cheers!

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello from the Northeast

Hello all,

I'm just getting back into pool after a twelve year layoff. I live in the Northeast, and hope to have some fun on the forum.

Regards,
Mike

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's up? I've been around as a guest for a long time. Finally signed up. I like to play 8 ball, though I'm beginning to appreciate 9 ball a little more. I've been playing regularly for about 18 years, and started competing in local tournaments about 6 months ago. You all can call me Poodle.

Laubach.Baguio

Registered
Hi Y'all. Happy to be here. Thanks Mike.

HI, I'm Nimitz, 73 y/o retiree. Just started to learn pool . Last January 2018 I went to this senior citizen center and saw some guys playing pool. They invited me to join and I found out I like it.Discovered this forum full of info so I joined it a couple weeks ago.
Hope to learn from y'all. Thanks

DWreckTheBoss

Registered
Been lurking for a while

Hey! I'm Derek from the Houston Area. I used to play at Big Daddy's and Deep Pockets in Alvin. Now I play at Fast Eddie's Fuqua in Houston. I've been playing for about 20 years, but I took a 5 year break recently and came back way stronger! Got bit by the bug again and am now playing in an APA league. I used to play tournaments, and I subbed in a BCA league, but this is my first APA league.

My team is in first place, they have me rated as a 7 in 9-Ball and a 6 in 8-Ball, and I am currently undefeated through 11 matches and the league MVP with 6 weeks left, so I have been doing pretty well since my return.

I love 8 ball, 9 ball, 10 ball, one pocket, snooker. Trying to get more into 14.1.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HI, I'm Nimitz, 73 y/o retiree. Just started to learn pool . Last January 2018 I went to this senior citizen center and saw some guys playing pool. They invited me to join and I found out I like it.Discovered this forum full of info so I joined it a couple weeks ago.
Hope to learn from y'all. Thanks

Let us know if you have any questions. We're all happy to help.

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, my name is Todd, I live in the Dallas area. Mostly just read here. Loved the game forever.... used to play in a lot of tournaments back when I lived in Chicago many years ago. Mostly just play an occasional bar table these days.

I'm the best pool player you've never heard that resides in Dallas, on Mockingbird Lane, that is between 52 and 54 years old. I own my street and age group !!! :grin:

arraamis

Registered
Hey Guys & Gals .... Extremely long time Azbilliards browser, recent joiner to the forum.

Been playing pool over 25 years off and on but never had the opportunity to compete on the grand stage. I play on average about twice a week at various spots in Philly and VA. and do the virtual scene almost everyday. In my more serious life, I'm a gov. IT engineer, which keeps me pretty busy. So, when I need to unwind, I start looking for a table to play on.

Cues:
Two - Mcdermott's with i2 & i3 shafts
Two - Predator's with 314-3 & Z3 shafts

Thanks to Mike H. for fixing the problem I had with posting on the forum

There it is ...... Happy Fourth of July!!!!!!!

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey! I'm Derek from the Houston Area. I used to play at Big Daddy's and Deep Pockets in Alvin. Now I play at Fast Eddie's Fuqua in Houston. I've been playing for about 20 years, but I took a 5 year break recently and came back way stronger! Got bit by the bug again and am now playing in an APA league. I used to play tournaments, and I subbed in a BCA league, but this is my first APA league.

My team is in first place, they have me rated as a 7 in 9-Ball and a 6 in 8-Ball, and I am currently undefeated through 11 matches and the league MVP with 6 weeks left, so I have been doing pretty well since my return.

I love 8 ball, 9 ball, 10 ball, one pocket, snooker. Trying to get more into 14.1.

Hi Derek. I think I've played at Fast Eddie's Fuqua back in the 90's when I lived in Houston. Was it there at that time or am I thinking of another location?

I can say you are an APA 10 when it comes to hair! :smile:

DWreckTheBoss

Registered
Hi Derek. I think I've played at Fast Eddie's Fuqua back in the 90's when I lived in Houston. Was it there at that time or am I thinking of another location?

I can say you are an APA 10 when it comes to hair! :smile:

I have been playing here since about 2005ish. I think it has been around much longer than that though. It is pretty memorable as far as pool halls go. Many of the pockets hang down so balls pop out if you fire at them, there appears to be some kind of build up or felt on the lips of the shelfs that actually push balls out of the pocket at pocket speed. The balls don't appear to be polished ever so you get tons of throw, cling, and skid. Plus they are shimmed up nice and tight. It makes for some really hard to run tables. It is super cheap to play there now though, and all the managers, owners, and waitresses are pretty great. Seriously though, out of all the pool halls I have ever played at, I have never seen a place that hangs so many balls. Run out a rack or a two piece here and you feel accomplished.

UndercuTT

Registered
Glad to be here

Thanks to moderation for allowing me posting privileges. I'm happy to be be a part of this extended family of folks who truly enjoy and appreciate the game of billiards, whatever the game or format, or the degree of competition.

I've been playing for 47 years, in varying capacities, and look forward to future participation here.

Thanks again !

Last edited:

UndercuTT

Registered
In my brief time here, I've noticed that my username is almost the same as an existing member. In the near future I will try and get a new username.

Last edited: