Parabond M 250

yesyura

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used M250 glue on Diamond tables, now both distributors in NJ says they don’ carry them anymore. Does anyone have any alternative?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I used M250 glue on Diamond tables, now both distributors in NJ says they don’ carry them anymore. Does anyone have any alternative?

Diamond will be distributing my new adhesive in quarts and gallons next month, gallon cans are an F style gas type can with a screw off lid and pour spout.

bigchase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You make your own glue? What kind of PPE are we going to need? What kind of respirator?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

bigchase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey just wondering where I can find your new adhesive? I can't seem to find it you said it was going to be available a few months ago...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hey just wondering where I can find your new adhesive? I can't seem to find it you said it was going to be available a few months ago...

It'll should be ready for distribution within 2 weeks, almost ready.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
This work.

Attachments

• img20180907_151714.jpg
    img20180907_151714.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 705

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have used my glue at lunch time in bars, and no one seemed to even notice, there's almost no smell at all compared to Fastbond 10 in which you can't use at lunchtime anywhere...LOL

Last edited:

bigchase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This work.
Where can I see the whole msds not just a picture of it. After many years of working on military aircraft and the various chemicals I've been exposed to I would like to see the whole thing. Can you upload it in pdf format? Great you've used in bars at lunch time but I've been exposed to so much I'm sensitive to some chemicals.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Where can I see the whole msds not just a picture of it. After many years of working on military aircraft and the various chemicals I've been exposed to I would like to see the whole thing. Can you upload it in pdf format? Great you've used in bars at lunch time but I've been exposed to so much I'm sensitive to some chemicals.

This is a list of the ingredients. I don't have a pdf file on them right now, but will later.

Attachments

• img20180909_170009.jpg
    img20180909_170009.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 642

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Where's the rest of the msds sheet? That's only section 15&16 or what's the msds number?

Once i get the full paperwork on it in hand, I'll post a copy of it here. We're getting the final labels for the cans printed up and ready to start labeling the cans next week, then they're ready to ship out to the distribution network. This is not a walk in the park to introduce a new Adhesive into the market place.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It's not easy to design an Adhesive to work after it's dried to the touch so that it sticks like velcro, been at this for a long time.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
wow, somewhat like an alternate universe, bigchase.

Say glenn, you say its like Velcro, like in repositionable?
I hope this comes in a clear brush mix,
glues with dyes in it wouldn't work for most of my work.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Yes, once the glue drys, you can for example, install the cushions on a set of rails, then check the cushions to see how straight they are, if one isn't mounted the way you want it to be, you can pull it back off and reposition it again. Once you have them mounted straight, then you pressure bond the cushions to the sub rails, once that's done, they're NOT coming off again until you use a solvent.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

And no, my glue is dyed blue to match the Simonis tour blue cloth, which prevents any sign of bleed through if its applied to thick.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

When I introduced the 3M scotch weld 10 to this industry about 35 years ago, there was no tour blue cloth. One of the flaws with the 3M10 glue is that because its yellow in color, the bleed through on tour blue cloth, turns to a green color on the surface of the cloth.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And no, my glue is dyed blue to match the Simonis tour blue cloth, which prevents any sign of bleed through if its applied to thick.

,,,bummer, completely understand the reasoning for dyes, especially in
production work. I'm going to hold out for a bad batch, where the dye was
mistakenly not infused, sold as a 2nd :wink:

meanwhile, that blue dye should be just fine for the blue/green cloth also,
that repositioning feature is big deal, certainly for me anyways.