Disappointment on Lucasi Cue Case

OnePercent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been using the Lucasi LC836 3x6 cue case for about two months, and the handle is tearing apart.

The case is identical to the Lucasi Holiday Giveaway:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=383958

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

The unbroken side for comparison:
4.jpg

I wonder if there is any method to fix this? Meanwhile I contacted the dealer to seek for help.

Last edited:

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of those cases are made in the same factory using the same materials.
All they do is put different name on these cases, Lucasi, Mezz, Predator, Pechauer etc. etc.
Get a real case dude.
I have an Instroke (everything else is a copy).
Had mine for 20 years, bought it 1995....i think, and it's been knocked around and beat up like you would not believe. Never had as much as a latch go bad or stitch go loose, holds the cues and shafts nice and tight.
Spend the money now and you're done.
Plus your cues get better protection and you get the Instroke warranty.

abs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All they do is put different name on these cases, Lucasi, Mezz, Predator, Pechauer etc. etc.

It's true that many of these cases are generic and made in the same shop, I have to say the Predator case is not a generic dime-a-dozen case with the Predator name slapped on it. It's pretty well built, and it only takes about 30 seconds looking at one to see the difference.

To the OP. I'm not sure if this issue is common, but I've known a couple of people who had the same case and not had this type of tearing. While it might be fixable, the repair might again pretty quickly. The problem is with the design, where the rivets holding the handle to the case are pretty far away from the opening in the vinyl that the handle slips through (where the tear is). This distance causes the handle to move and stretch the vinyl.

As was suggested, a leather/shoe repair shop may have an idea of how to manage the issue. And maybe they can modify the handle to avoid having it come apart again. If you bought the case from one of the better online sellers, (like Seyberts, Ozone, PoolDawg, etc..) give them a call and see what they can do... Maybe they'll replace it/give you credit (don't get the same case again).

Good luck and cheers.

OnePercent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all, thanks for the inputs.

Take it to your local shoe repair shop first.
Seriously? lol :eek:

I may get a JB in the future.

It's true that many of these cases are generic and made in the same shop, I have to say the Predator case is not a generic dime-a-dozen case with the Predator name slapped on it. It's pretty well built, and it only takes about 30 seconds looking at one to see the difference.

To the OP. I'm not sure if this issue is common, but I've known a couple of people who had the same case and not had this type of tearing. While it might be fixable, the repair might again pretty quickly. The problem is with the design, where the rivets holding the handle to the case are pretty far away from the opening in the vinyl that the handle slips through (where the tear is). This distance causes the handle to move and stretch the vinyl.

As was suggested, a leather/shoe repair shop may have an idea of how to manage the issue. And maybe they can modify the handle to avoid having it come apart again. If you bought the case from one of the better online sellers, (like Seyberts, Ozone, PoolDawg, etc..) give them a call and see what they can do... Maybe they'll replace it/give you credit (don't get the same case again).

Good luck and cheers.
Meanwhile I would use my Predator soft case. I e-mailed my dealer (Nielsen's Billiard) but no reply yet.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I'm glad you're thinking about getting a better case. You can tell just by looking at this one the handle strap design is weak for a 3X6, which are heavy when fully loaded up.

The better cases such as Justis, JB etc. are a higher outlay but they hold their value pretty well. They have been time tested and improved for many years.

A luggage repair shop would be your best bet for a fix if Lucasi doesn't come through.

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
If you can't get the dealer to replace the case I would just leave it alone. It may tear along the same spots in front of the stiching but it probably won't go any further. Most likely minor cosmetic problem...