Pool halls in New york/ New jersey

nevadarain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to be in Manhattan and hoboken for a week and wondered if anyone can recommend nice pool halls there?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Amsterdam Billiards, don't go between 6pm-10pm on league nights, it may be hard to get a table. Society is not too far from Amsterdam, and you should check out Steinway in Queens.

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All the above are great but if you want to settle on table quality (still GC but dirtier) break bar in queens has free pool weekdays from 4-8 if you just get a drink even non alcoholic

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

cj609

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Society Billiards NY. 21st between 5th and 6th. 30 diamond tables. Awesome place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Society Billiards NY. 21st between 5th and 6th. 30 diamond tables. Awesome place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

They have 16 tables, but they are indeed diamonds with nice super aramith balls, measle cue balls, and delta 13 elite racks. Equipment wise top notch. They are pricey though, have limited food, *great* beer and booze options. It isn't really a players room. More like a club at night. Pretty good place though.

KMRUNOUT

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Make the trip to Sand Castle in Edison. You won't be disappointed. All the other rooms mentioned are also good rooms to play at.

JV

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sandcastle.

Or make the trip to Brooklyn or Queens and go to Gotham City or Steinway.