spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Toastie finally gets one on board after Filler scratches. Filler 3-1
Nice pool cum gymnastics outfit that Toastie has on

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having watched Filler over the past year his game has vastly improved.

He reminds me a lot of a younger Shaw.

Blitzkrieg fast paced, doesn't quite have the penchant for safety play yet, but boy can he pot balls from anywhere.

Super aggressive- shooting jump caroms and jumping full table (with a full cue) and drawing the ball.

Exciting to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Like Shaw, Filler has all the talent in the world, more talent than most. But also like Shaw, he throws half of it away due to careless errors caused by shooting too fast. Shooting that fast is caused by mental weakness. They are scared that if they take any more time they will lose confidence and they will get in their own head. Instead of forcing themselves to slow down, and build up that mental toughness over time, they instead just choose to give in to and cater to it and their mental game will always be weak as a result. Until he learns to take a little more time he will never reach his full potential. Dude is great but he could be so much better.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

Blitzkrieg fast paced, doesn't quite have the penchant for safety play yet, but boy can he pot balls from anywhere.

Super aggressive- shooting jump caroms and jumping full table (with a full cue) and drawing the ball.

Exciting to watch!

Averages about 3 position errors per rack and still runs out!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Exciting to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

I was going to say the same thing. Reminds me of Shaw.

He plays fast and loose like Centeno, too.

He is dangerous because he isn't afraid to shoot. In these rotating break games, even more so because he is making 3 and 4 balls on the break.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like Shaw, Filler has all the talent in the world, more talent than most. But also like Shaw, he throws half of it away due to careless errors caused by shooting too fast. Shooting that fast is caused by mental weakness. They are scared that if they take any more time they will lose confidence and they will get in their own head. Instead of forcing themselves to slow down, and build up that mental toughness over time, they instead just choose to give in to and cater to it and their mental game will always be weak as a result. Until he learns to take a little more time he will never reach his full potential. Dude is great but he could be so much better.

WOW! The guy is on the brink of a world championship and you are explaining how he is mentally weak LOL. May be the dumbest post I have ever read. LOL

TurboDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every dog has his day

Filler has his foot on Changs neck... just dont let him up.

One more game and Josh can go bark at the moon. Or what ever in the hell he wants :grin:

He's playing great

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow what a match..... Way to Go Joshua Filler!!!

That was great shooting... Congrads you deserve it... your now one of the Elite!!
Keep it up.... Many people will now sit up & take notice.... :)

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
WOW! The guy is on the brink of a world championship and you are explaining how he is mentally weak LOL. May be the dumbest post I have ever read. LOL

What else prevents him from taking his time to prevent all the stupid mistakes then? If the inability to do that isn't a mental weakness I don't how else you could characterize it. Look, I didn't say he sucked. Quite the contrary, I said he was great. In fact I was one of the first people on this forum that pointed him out several years ago. Still doesn't change the fact that like Shaw, he could be even better if he slowed down a bit and avoided the stupid mistakes, which is going to take a mental strength he obviously doesn't have yet.

TurboDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont see that he made as many stupid mistakes as you are implying...If so.. he sucked all the way to a finals victory.

no one ever plays perfect, we know that.. I say, let the kid enjoy the victory. Surley he will go back and watch the match a few times. Might just learn a few things.

Congrats to Josh

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What else prevents him from taking his time to prevent all the stupid mistakes then? If the inability to do that isn't a mental weakness I don't how else you could characterize it. Look, I didn't say he sucked. Quite the contrary, I said he was great. In fact I was one of the first people on this forum that pointed him out several years ago. Still doesn't change the fact that like Shaw, he could be even better if he slowed down a bit and avoided the stupid mistakes, which is going to take a mental strength he obviously doesn't have yet.

Well if I was going to critique someone it certainly wouldn't be a World Champion.
That's NUTS!

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Well if I was going to critique someone it certainly wouldn't be a World Champion.
That's NUTS!

Yeah because once somebody gets to a certain level they should ignore their own flaws, and the rest of us should also just pretend those flaws don't exist when we see them. Both sound like what somebody who isn't very smart would do. Just saying.