oscar dominguez, does he give lessons at hard times

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does anyone know if oscar gives lessons up in sacramento ca at his hard times billiards hall? is he a good instructor? anyone taken lessons from him?? thanks

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've taken a few lessons from Oscar many many years ago after I won a few local tourneys. At the time I was overwhelmed and didn't get much out of it. However a few years later things started to click and some things he had said came in handy. To this day I sort of use a version of the aiming system he taught me. A few key things he said stuck with me and I still use those tips today. So I'd say if you're a strong player already and can get a lesson from him it's worth it. If you still have stoke problems then don't bother work on your game first. He's great if you're at least 500-600+ Fargo. That aside he's a great and humble guy.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've taken a few lessons from Oscar many many years ago after I won a few local tourneys. At the time I was overwhelmed and didn't get much out of it. However a few years later things started to click and some things he had said came in handy. To this day I sort of use a version of the aiming system he taught me. A few key things he said stuck with me and I still use those tips today. So I'd say if you're a strong player already and can get a lesson from him it's worth it. If you still have stoke problems then don't bother work on your game first. He's great if you're at least 500-600+ Fargo. That aside he's a great and humble guy.
Just to add to your post, I've known Oscar's Dad Ernesto for 20+ years and I know he's passed down all his invaluable knowledge of the game to Oscar. My guess is now that Oscar is running a pool room and dealing with being around and observing average ordinary amateur players as opposed to being centered on his own game as a touring pro player, he's likely gained much insight in to what most players are doing wrong and need to improve on, in order to get their games to the next level.