jump shaft on a break butt bad idea?

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 2x4 case doesnt fit all my shafts so instead of buying a larger case I’m thinking about buying an insert adapter to put a 3/8x10 Alex Brick jump shaft on a United aka 5/16x14 Mezz break butt ( So I can leave the Mezz break shaft at home ). Bad idea? My Mezz breaks like a beast but it’s probably mostly me not the cue. Alex Brick jumps amazingly. The jump dymondwood shaft has a white diamond tip. The only problem I think is that the break cue will be a bit longer because of the insert not sure if it’ll be a problem. So do I have to buy a larger case or should I try this?

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Too much weight is your enemy when jumping. So you need a way to carry the jump section of the Brick jump cue. As far as breaking you will just have to try it and see how it works.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
If you sometimes put accidental spin on the break shot, that heavy shaft is going to deflect a lot and you'll be way off when you hit the head ball. In my opinion, the ideal break shaft is LOW deflection. LD jumps poorly though, which is one of the reasons jump/break cues are not ideal. There will always be compromise.