Why do some top players blatantly pattern rack (cheat) when on a live streamed table?

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quite a few of the better players pattern rack (cheat) whilst on live streamed tables.
It is so easy for people to notice it.
And why is nothing done about it.
.....that's my rant for the day over

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone please enlighten me on the art of pattern racking!

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Someone please enlighten me on the art of pattern racking!

Say like putting the 2 bh the 1 on the right side. Then breaking from the right with inside hold. The one will go back to the kitchen corner you broke from and the two wil say by the side or bottom corner on same end.

Works on BB but doesn't in a 9' you have to hit it too hard. It's like a stun wing ball maker and gives you a easy beginning layout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I pattern rack every time I give up weight...
...and the guy getting weight pattern racks too.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! WHAT ARE U THINKING ? They do it at all times, tournament , gambling, exhibition , practice, anytime! Don't short change them!!!

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quite a few of the better players pattern rack (cheat) whilst on live streamed tables.
It is so easy for people to notice it.
And why is nothing done about it.
.....that's my rant for the day over

Which tourney are you referring to? Which rules are they playing by that specifically prohibit pattern racking?

KMRUNOUT

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which tourney are you referring to? Which rules are they playing by that specifically prohibit pattern racking?

KMRUNOUT

Most recently, I was watching the Eklent Kaci v Billy Thorpe 10ball match in the Kremlin Cup.
From memory, every rack by both players was pattern racked.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny I always put the 2 in the back because it ends up in the middle of the table and the 1 rolls to the bottom corner. I only use a medium speed break though.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember when I was like 11 or 12 and Mike Segal cam out with his tape " Perfect 9 Ball ". On there he said to put the 3 behind the 1 in one of the two spots and the 2 in the bottom of the rack, supposedly when opponent breaks the 3 goes up table and the 2 down table making it harder to get from one to the other and therefore making it harder for them to run out. That's about the extent of my " pattern racking " lol.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember when I was like 11 or 12 and Mike Segal cam out with his tape " Perfect 9 Ball ". On there he said to put the 3 behind the 1 in one of the two spots and the 2 in the bottom of the rack, supposedly when opponent breaks the 3 goes up table and the 2 down table making it harder to get from one to the other and therefore making it harder for them to run out. That's about the extent of my " pattern racking " lol.
The Kremin Cup format for racking is to keep the rack as random as possible, this agreed on by the players, Mika came out and said this during the Corey Duel match.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
That is basically what I do, to make the rack tougher to run. Guess I am cheating also. :rolleyes:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a bad rule IMO. If it's too vague to be enforced, it shouldn't be a rule. Specify where some some balls need to go and let the players put the rest wherever they please. Telling people they have to randomly puttee balls in the rack is unenforceable.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I pattern rack every time I give up weight...
...and the guy getting weight pattern racks too.

Are you not good enough to just break and take what the table gives you?

Maybe you shouldn't be giving up weight.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a bad rule IMO. If it's too vague to be enforced, it shouldn't be a rule. Specify where some some balls need to go and let the players put the rest wherever they please. Telling people they have to randomly puttee balls in the rack is unenforceable.

What the heck are you talking about?

There are 2 balls that are set where they need to go, which is almost 25% of the balls in a game of 9 ball. Beyond that, pick up the balls and place them in the rack without looking at them or maneuvering them where you want them.

It is very easy to detect. You just have to watch if a player picks up a specific ball and puts it in a specific place.