I'm sick...

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Per kk9:

(KK9 has forgotten his password....so this, Tramp, is for you from Matt ;)):

you are one of my most favorite posters, EVER. i wish you a Happy New Year. it sounds like we are fighting very similar battles, i don't trust a doctor from a hole-in-the-wall any longer. after 40 doctors, it was PL that pushed me to get a Lyme Disease test. in the event you might not know, it is systemic & neurologic. and it's WIDELY IGNORED by the medical community. thank the lawyers.

for a little over $100, you might choose to go get some blood drawn and mail it to IGenX. i know who MJ is, but i have never heard of MG. perhaps we have similar symptoms?

i sincerely wish you the best. and if you come upon a discovery, please share, and i will do the same.

Matt/PL

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy New Year, Tramp! Looking forward to your great posts and hearing you back at the table, running 8 and out !:)

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member

you are one of my most favorite posters, EVER. i wish you a Happy New Year. it sounds like we are fighting very similar battles, i don't trust a doctor from a hole-in-the-wall any longer. after 40 doctors, it was PL that pushed me to get a Lyme Disease test. in the event you might not know, it is systemic & neurologic. and it's WIDELY IGNORED by the medical community. thank the lawyers.

for a little over $100, you might choose to go get some blood drawn and mail it to IGenX. i know who MJ is, but i have never heard of MG. perhaps we have similar symptoms?

i sincerely wish you the best. and if you come upon a discovery, please share, and i will do the same.

Matt/PL

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tramp, wishing you the best as you go through this and please keep us updated (AZB family) as we are here for you, you funny sumbeach! Now where is two tooth Sally when you need her?

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
I'll wager many of you will not disagree with my thread title, but the truth is I really am.

A little over a week ago I was diagnosed as having Myasthenia Gravis, or MG. MG is a neuro-musculature disease that affects the brain/muscle signal resulting in weakening of the voluntary muscles. Luckily, the smooth muscles such as heart, and digestive system are not affected. Early symptoms include drooping eyelid, and double vision (it's a real problem sitting here trying to type). More advanced stages include: Difficulty swallowing, and breathing.
Treatment is available, however, and from what I read, reasonably successful.
I haven't played pool in almost two months, and have no idea as to when I might play again. It is very frustrating. And scary.
I'm going to lay low for awhile. I don't feel very funny these days anyway, and treatment for this thing may be a long drawn out affair.
Peace to all in the coming new year, and just to cover my Karmic ass, that goes to JB, and PJ, as well.

Sorry to here about this challenge in you life Tramp.
Look to multiple sources about treating this condition.
Never be afraid to ask questions. Always seek more knowledge no matter where the sources may be.
Always remember. Doctors are only as good as the information they have and the training they receive.
Not all doctors are open alternative methods to treating medical conditions. That does not equate to meaning they do not work.

Best wishes on a speedy and full recovery.

Sev.

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best of wishes in your treatment, and know that you have made a longing and deep impact on this community; I know that your postings have made for many enjoyable reading for myself and others.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

Very sorry to hear this news, I always enjoyed your post and they always made me smile. I will be praying for you and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I don't usually laugh at online posts...
Then I read Tramp's posts on AZ... Stay witty my friend"

Attachments

• most.jpg
    most.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've said a prayer for you...

At 67, I thank the Lord daily that I'm still pumping air.

Solemnity or not, you may get a bit of forum relief via diverting your thoughts.

Having had clinical depression, a stagnant life is never helpful, and only leads to more and larger maladies. Be blessed, and get better soon!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Matt/PL

Ah....da Kat has 9 lives....but only one password....WTF?

Good to see you post, sir.
We're all pulling for the Tramp.

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll wager many of you will not disagree with my thread title, but the truth is I really am.

A little over a week ago I was diagnosed as having Myasthenia Gravis, or MG. MG is a neuro-musculature disease that affects the brain/muscle signal resulting in weakening of the voluntary muscles. Luckily, the smooth muscles such as heart, and digestive system are not affected. Early symptoms include drooping eyelid, and double vision (it's a real problem sitting here trying to type). More advanced stages include: Difficulty swallowing, and breathing.
Treatment is available, however, and from what I read, reasonably successful.
I haven't played pool in almost two months, and have no idea as to when I might play again. It is very frustrating. And scary.
I'm going to lay low for awhile. I don't feel very funny these days anyway, and treatment for this thing may be a long drawn out affair.
Peace to all in the coming new year, and just to cover my Karmic ass, that goes to JB, and PJ, as well.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, it's about time for another AZ field trip!

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a bum break. I had Meniere's Syndrome 1993. For 5 years it persisted but eventually was medically arrested for the most part. Could not play pool during that period but is good therapy now. Search out a resolution near and far. Good luck.