2016 World 9-Ball Championship

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only the most delusional will think that the rolls had anything to do with this result. Albin has been sensational, SVB has been a little off.

I haven't seen people talking about Shane being unlucky. We all saw what happened - Shane had a mental breakdown the whole first half or so of the match. It's like he never recovered from whatever was bothering him in the semifinal. Albin didn't do anything spectacular expect play world-class pool. (Edit lol in the post above this Jay says Shane didn't get the rolls!)

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to Albin on a well deserved win. I wonder what excuses the Shane fan boys will come up with now in that he once again failed to get the job done in winning a world title even though he is "the greatest player in the game". Maybe if it was a race to 100, he would actually have won a world title by now.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have there ever before been two world champions in the same family?

(not counting juniors)

Brozif

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do believe that the turning point in this match was when Shane failed to get the win and go 2-1 up. That and the fact that Albin didn't really feel like missing.

nycdarkness

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to Albin on a well deserved win. I wonder what excuses the Shane fan boys will come up with now in that he once again failed to get the job done in winning a world title even though he is "the greatest player in the game". Maybe if it was a race to 100, he would actually have won a world title by now.

It's cuetec's fault :rolleyes:

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
:happydance:Congratulations Albin Ouschan, our new World 9-Ball champion!!!:happydance:

albinchamp.jpg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven't seen people talking about Shane being unlucky. We all saw what happened - Shane had a mental breakdown the whole first half or so of the match. It's like he never recovered from whatever was bothering him in the semifinal. Albin didn't do anything spectacular expect play world-class pool. (Edit lol in the post above this Jay says Shane didn't get the rolls!)

The 7-1 lead Albin piled up was just too much for Shane to overcome. Albin did get some good breaks in the last half but it's doubtful that would have made the difference. Shane's missed ticky from the four to the five was his last gasp.
Big kudos to Shane for coming second two years in a row. I know he's not happy right now but he reestablished himself as one of the worlds best players.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who were the Americans that competed in this tournament?

I have Shane, Oscar, Shawn Wilkie, and Skyler. Was there a fifth USA competitor? I thought there were five. I would like to see a chart who each one played and how each one did but can't find it.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only the most delusional will think that the rolls had anything to do with this result. Albin has been sensational, SVB has been a little off.

Congratulations to Albin.
Stellar fundamentals, safety, shot making.

Albin- Training academy in Austria, coach, euro tour

Shane - bar box tourneys.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

I have Shane, Oscar, Shawn Wilkie, and Skyler. Was there a fifth USA competitor? I thought there were five. I would like to see a chart who each one played and how each one did but can't find it.

Hunter, I believe

Reactions: JAM

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

is it not possible to simply say Albin played great and deserved the win, congrats.

And Shane, who is one of the best in the world, tried hard but didn't get it done. And while it def wasn't his goal, 2nd in the World 9ball doesn't make him a hack.

It's always easy to be critical of the guys under the bright lights on tv tables with the world watching.

Nice shooting, Albin! :thumbup:

Hope you get another shot, Shane. :)

best,
brian kc

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
I cant wait to see the updated Fargo ratings, I am positive Albin will move up a few points

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member

Hunter Lombardo and Rob Hart

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Hunter Lombardo and Rob Hart (Kevin's big brother).

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have there ever before been two world champions in the same family?

(not counting juniors)

AtLarge , if you are referring the Ouschans
Jasmin has not yet won W9B which is jewel in the pool crown. She has won W10B :grin:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In addition to Hunter, I believe there was at least one other American I hadn't heard of. This has the final 64. The group stages with 128 may still be on the qbsf site, not sure.

Reactions: JAM

Brozif

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is anyone still watching the stream? Some lady is letting all of her multiple personalities sing! Closing ceremonies are where it's at!! :D:D:D:D