Dallas TX Pool Scene?

klibs

Registered
I will be travelling to the Dallas TX area for a week for work next month and am wondering whether it would be worth it to bring my cue and play some pool. I'm a decent player that would just like to meet some people and shoot some games for fun. Not really looking for action or to gamble or whatnot... just want to shoot some pool with some new people...

Never been in the area so I'm wondering if there are some good pool halls in the area that would have decent players (i.e. not just drunk fools at a bar) who would be down to shoot some pool midweek in the evenings. Looking to get the scoop on any places with nice tables and not just a bar with a 7' or two...

Hopefully there are some spots in the area that will always have some people down to play on the weeknights... let me know!

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be travelling to the Dallas TX area for a week for work next month and am wondering whether it would be worth it to bring my cue and play some pool. I'm a decent player that would just like to meet some people and shoot some games for fun. Not really looking for action or to gamble or whatnot... just want to shoot some pool with some new people...

Never been in the area so I'm wondering if there are some good pool halls in the area that would have decent players (i.e. not just drunk fools at a bar) who would be down to shoot some pool midweek in the evenings. Looking to get the scoop on any places with nice tables and not just a bar with a 7' or two...

Hopefully there are some spots in the area that will always have some people down to play on the weeknights... let me know!
Billiard Den in Richardson is pretty nice. Rusty's in Arlington is 24hrs and kinda an action spot but they have tournaments also.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Contact me:

Randy Goettlicher
214 908 2908
goettlicher@verizon.net

Contact you for what ? He asked simple questions not asking for lessons man ..... Anyway , Billiard Den in Richardson , Cks billiards in Dallas and Rack Daddy's off coot in Richardson all on the north side of Dallas which is where you want to be ... Not south side ... If u need more info PM me I'll be glad to help !!!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Contact you for what ? He asked simple questions not asking for lessons man ..... Anyway , Billiard Den in Richardson , Cks billiards in Dallas and Rack Daddy's off coot in Richardson all on the north side of Dallas which is where you want to be ... Not south side ... If u need more info PM me I'll be glad to help !!!
Wow. RG's a good guy. Did he say anything about lessons? Is Rack Daddy's better now? Heard its under new mgmt. Last time i was in there the tables looked like they'd been recovered while Kennedy was president. Nice layout if its run right.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
randy is offering to help
he has done more for pool than practically anyone in the area

your remarks are rude and stupid
no wonder you have no feed back

klibs

Registered
Thanks guys. Sounds like it would be worth it to bring my cues! Looking forward to it...

Any other suggestions?

Ponytail

...it's about consistency
Silver Member

Wow... RG asked him to call him so he would help with a location that would be close to where they were staying.

Seems you didn't see it that way and suspected some nefarious scheme.

Hopefully you don't judge everyone you meet this harshly.

Ponytail

...it's about consistency
Silver Member
Thanks guys. Sounds like it would be worth it to bring my cues! Looking forward to it...

Any other suggestions?

Yes,

Take Randy up on his offer. Contact him and he won't steer you wrong. He'll know just about any type of place you'll be looking for, and may even meet you there to play and talk about pool. Who knows.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

Quoted just so it's always here for people to see

Wow guy

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That comment screams nit.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was the last league for me and last I spoke to him in over 20years !Just clearing things up and I care 0%!!!!!!!!! But far as me being a nit , I beg to differ .Im free this weekend , flights are cheap and I like playing strangers ! Don't call one guy to play me , call 20 because the first 2-3 are gonna beat me but the other 17-18 are gonna get drilled ! Oh we don't have to call other guys to play $ because I know you must be good and are not a nit for sure so let's play some 9ball or one pocket and I promise not to ask names cuz I care 0% what it is . Even when you win all my $ this weekend. Only thing I'll ask is same thing next weekend? If that's how nits do it then I'm a nit 100% lol PM me or respond on here cuz I care 0% ... Something's you just never forget guys ! We all make mistakes but gosh ![/QUOTE]

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was the last league for me and last I spoke to him in over 20years !Just clearing things up and I care 0%!!!!!!!!! But far as me being a nit , I beg to differ .Im free this weekend , flights are cheap and I like playing strangers ! Don't call one guy to play me , call 20 because the first 2-3 are gonna beat me but the other 17-18 are gonna get drilled ! Oh we don't have to call other guys to play $ because I know you must be good and are not a nit for sure so let's play some 9ball or one pocket and I promise not to ask names cuz I care 0% what it is . Even when you win all my $ this weekend. Only thing I'll ask is same thing next weekend? If that's how nits do it then I'm a nit 100% lol PM me or respond on here cuz I care 0% ... Something's you just never forget guys ! We all make mistakes but gosh !
[/QUOTE]

Anyone that lived in Dallas mid 90s knows what happened ! I was gonna post it but gonna be nice .It's close to Christmas so can't be naughty ,gotta be nice . Anyway I'm really wanting to get out New Year's weekend and fly somewhere and be a NIT and bet real high and play strangers .You know , like NITS do !!! So if any other NITS know anything let me (THE NIT ) know !

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was the last league for me and last I spoke to him in over 20years !Just clearing things up and I care 0%!!!!!!!!! But far as me being a nit , I beg to differ .Im free this weekend , flights are cheap and I like playing strangers ! Don't call one guy to play me , call 20 because the first 2-3 are gonna beat me but the other 17-18 are gonna get drilled ! Oh we don't have to call other guys to play $ because I know you must be good and are not a nit for sure so let's play some 9ball or one pocket and I promise not to ask names cuz I care 0% what it is . Even when you win all my $ this weekend. Only thing I'll ask is same thing next weekend? If that's how nits do it then I'm a nit 100% lol PM me or respond on here cuz I care 0% ... Something's you just never forget guys ! We all make mistakes but gosh !

This one screams methamphetamine.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member

This one screams methamphetamine.[/QUOTE]

Quoting himself on the forum days after the thread seemingly was done

Yes

And drugs are baaaeeedd

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He asked for someone to play with. I was offering myself as a friend.
Get a life!

randyg

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This one screams methamphetamine.

Quoting himself on the forum days after the thread seemingly was done

Yes

And drugs are baaaeeedd[/QUOTE]

Some of us have to work and play real pool for $ on weekends . Like I said I'm free on New Year's Weekend if y'all get in the mood for some action and can pull away from your computer long enough to play some nineball or one pocket ! But I know , keep making excuses ! Good luck guys ! I'm headed to the pool room to play some sets ! That's what BILLIARDS is in case ya'll didn't know . I just happen to like betting on myself with my hard earned$ boys !

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I don't play pool and people like you are a constant reminder why

Some deep seeded desire to turn pool into a masculinity contest, pretty pathetic

I've got nothing to prove to any pool player like you, nor do I care to ever share the same space

Enjoy the holidays at the Smoky pool room