New Singles Leagues - Everywhere

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
There is a singles league that you can compete in that you and your opponent can choose the location and the time at your own convenience rather than having a specific place to play every single week at a specific time.

This singles league allows you to play 12 matches within a 12 week session or 4 matches per month whenever you want with any other league member you want wherever you agree to play. You can even play all 4 matches in 1 night if that is something you'd like to do.

This singles league has 4 tournaments a year at the end of each 12 week session. the tournament has 3 divisions, a championship division which has the highest payouts allocated to it, a gold division, and a silver division which has the smallest payout to it.

The 4 tournaments are national tournaments that has half of all the league fees allocated into the 3 divisions, so as the league continues to grow the payouts will also continue to grow into potentially the highest payout that any national league tournament has seen yet.

To discourage sandbagging you are required to play a minimum of half of your matches with someone of equal skill level or higher than yourself. You also must win half or more of your total matches to qualify for the championship division.

To qualify for the gold division you only need 4 out of 12 winning matches, and to qualify for the silver division
you only need a minimum of 2 out of 12 winning matches.

Additionally and optionally of course you can earn commission by enrolling your friends/acquaintances into this singles league in order to help grow the league.

For further information on joining this singles league please message me.

Last edited:

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
If interested in participating in your area or becoming a sponsor in your area please contact me either through facebook messenger Rhea Nicole Rekart or through AZB mail.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you talking 'singles' as is playing solo? Don't want to sign up for some kind of new 'dating' league! :)

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Are you talking 'singles' as is playing solo? Don't want to sign up for some kind of new 'dating' league! :)

single as in not on a team. Your solo performance affects what tier you get to compete in in the 4 national tournaments per year.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
There is a singles league that you can compete in that you and your opponent can choose the location and the time at your own convenience rather than having a specific place to play every single week at a specific time.

(snip).

We have done this with Tucker's Am Rotation league and it can be a problem if certain players wait too long to play their matches and they're playing after the league is to be done.

The money was the main problem (surprise!--NOT) as some paid the entire season upfront and some of the slackers did not.

Also, some people are no good at setting appointments, which this basically is. Some don't have the social skills to pull it off successfully.

I'd suggest getting ALL the season's money UP FRONT. This will punish the slow match setters and keep any disagreements to a smaller level.

fwiw, and good luck with your idea,

Jeff Livingston

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
We have done this with Tucker's Am Rotation league and it can be a problem if certain players wait too long to play their matches and they're playing after the league is to be done.

The money was the main problem (surprise!--NOT) as some paid the entire season upfront and some of the slackers did not.

Also, some people are no good at setting appointments, which this basically is. Some don't have the social skills to pull it off successfully.

I'd suggest getting ALL the season's money UP FRONT. This will punish the slow match setters and keep any disagreements to a smaller level.

fwiw, and good luck with your idea,

Jeff Livingston

We fixed this, you are required to play 4 matches every 30 days, so $40 is automatically withdrawn every 30 days on a subscription.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
We fixed this, you are required to play 4 matches every 30 days, so $40 is automatically withdrawn every 30 days on a subscription.

Ah, interesting. You mean the money is taken by the league from players' bank accounts? No cash?

I didn't know pool players had those. :p

What if there is no money in an account to withdraw?

Jeff Livingston

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Ah, interesting. You mean the money is taken by the league from players' bank accounts? No cash?

Jeff Livingston

not by account as in e-check format, but by debit or credit card monthly subscription visa mastercard American express and discover

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member

Jeff Livingston

Incidentally there is no physical score sheet which is a massive benefit to most players.

Scores are submitted on the website after the match is over.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This singles league allows you to play 12 matches within a 12 week session or 4 matches per month whenever you want with any other league member you want wherever you agree to play. You can even play all 4 matches in 1 night if that is something you'd like to do.

This singles league has 4 tournaments a year at the end of each 12 week session. the tournament has 3 divisions, a championship division which has the highest payouts allocated to it, a gold division, and a silver division which has the smallest payout to it.

The 4 tournaments are national tournaments that has half of all the league fees allocated into the 3 divisions, so as the league continues to grow the payouts will also continue to grow into potentially the highest payout that any national league tournament has seen yet.

To discourage sandbagging you are required to play a minimum of half of your matches with someone of equal skill level or higher than yourself. You also must win half or more of your total matches to qualify for the championship division.

To qualify for the gold division you only need 4 out of 12 winning matches, and to qualify for the silver division
you only need a minimum of 2 out of 12 winning matches.

Additionally and optionally of course you can earn commission by enrolling your friends/acquaintances into this singles league in order to help grow the league.

For further information on joining this singles league please message me.

How do you determine who is or isn't at someone's skill level?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Incidentally there is no physical score sheet which is a massive benefit to most players.

Scores are submitted on the website after the match is over.

On a related note, in the AmRo league the app to do this one your phone was like 2.99 or something. I, and several others, never got the app as we didn't want to use (or have it set up to use) the credit card feature on our phones, so we scored it on paper and had the lo enter the info.

Not cheap, just don't like the risk of using my c/c on my phone, not mention using the wifi in a pool hall, to do a business transaction.

Jeff Livingston

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
On a related note, in the AmRo league the app to do this one your phone was like 2.99 or something. I, and several others, never got the app as we didn't want to use (or have it set up to use) the credit card feature on our phones, so we scored it on paper and had the lo enter the info.

Not cheap, just don't like the risk of using my c/c on my phone, not mention using the wifi in a pool hall, to do a business transaction.

Jeff Livingston

The league website where you initially sign up for the league can be accessed by phone or by computer or any medium that you can access a website on. So if you don't wish to sign up using your debit card by cellular phone you can use a home or work computer it doesn't matter, same with submitting the scores.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
The league website where you initially sign up for the league can be accessed by phone or by computer or any medium that you can access a website on. So if you don't wish to sign up using your debit card by cellular phone you can use a home or work computer it doesn't matter, same with submitting the scores.

lol...I can't count the times when a match was to start and neither of us had the app, when I thought, crap, I should have gotten the app at home. I'm like the Cubs: next time!!!!!!!

Btw, I still don't have it.:eek:

Jeff Livingston

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
How do you determine who is or isn't at someone's skill level?

Your initial skill level is assigned to you when you start the league via email. The head of the league does some research on every person who joins the league checking to see if they already have a skill level or multiple skill levels in other national leagues or if they have an established fargorate just to get an idea of their level of play. If there is no data whatsoever on the player then they will be assigned a default starter rating. Ratings are from 1-15. Ratings can go up or down based on results over time. Every session is 12 weeks long.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
lol...I can't count the times when a match was to start and neither of us had the app, when I thought, crap, I should have gotten the app at home. I'm like the Cubs: next time!!!!!!!

Btw, I still don't have it.:eek:

Jeff Livingston

why do you need an app? Can't you remember the score and submit it on your home computer if you have one as soon as you get home?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
why do you need an app? Can't you remember the score and submit it on your home computer if you have one as soon as you get home?

Each game is entered into the stats, so if I can't remember to get the frikkin' app, I can't remember the scores in a 3 hour match.

It's tough being a pool player, as you know. I tell ya, I get no respect. My wife wants to have sex on the pool table; she wants me to rack! Tough, I tell ya, tough.

Jeff Livingston

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Each game is entered into the stats, so if I can't remember to get the frikkin' app, I can't remember the scores in a 3 hour match.

It's tough being a pool player, as you know. I tell ya, I get no respect. My wife wants to have sex on the pool table; she wants me to rack! Tough, I tell ya, tough.

Jeff Livingston

Oh I see, well in this singles league you don't put every single rack into an app, you wait until your entire match is over and only the winner has to submit how many games they won and how many games their opponent won into the website from any device.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played in a singles league at Corner Pocket in Waltham MA years back before they closed.

Loved the format, but there was a lack of prizes for winning, just trophies and a hat for all participants.