Just moved to St. Louis

CarlB

Formerly AfghanBilliards
Silver Member
Just moved to Just outside St. Louis. Looking for feedback on best tables or places to play.
I’ve looked up two places that were closed down when I got there. Lol.

Thanks.

Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not 100% on this but I think one of the better rooms is Teachers think Justin Bergman plays their.
He's a member here I'm sure if u sent him a pm he can give u the run down of everything going on in that town.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few members live in St Louis. The best room for you will depend on smoking/drinking preferences and your favorite game. Feel free to PM me.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
If you prefer diamonds without cigarette smoke the The Cue in Maplewood is recommended.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you prefer diamonds without cigarette smoke the The Cue in Maplewood is recommended.

Do you mean Cue and Cushion? They have Diamonds, Brunswick, and Billiard tables.

Teachers is good. The 9’er I played on had some drift and was problematic playing 1P.

I forget the name of the place across the river in Illinois.

Several onepocket.org members live in the area if that’s your game

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Do you mean Cue and Cushion? They have Diamonds, Brunswick, and Billiard tables.

Teachers is good. The 9’er I played on had some drift and was problematic playing 1P.

I forget the name of the place across the river in Illinois.

Several onepocket.org members live in the area if that’s your game

No, i specifically meant The Cue in Maplewood

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just moved to Just outside St. Louis. Looking for feedback on best tables or places to play.
I’ve looked up two places that were closed down when I got there. Lol.

Thanks.

Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teacher's is about 30 minutes from St. Louis would be your best bet. All Diamond tables, 7' and 9', full bar, some food. Leagues and tournaments, action if you want it: https://www.teachersbilliards.com/

I was recently told that Saratoga Lanes, an old style walkup bowling alley in Maplewood, had their Brunswick Anniversaries redone by Mark Gregory and play beautifully, but I have not been. There is also Cue & Cushion, of which I have heard mixed reports lately.

There are rumors of another room to be opened soon, probably west of St. Louis, that will have Diamonds. Other than that there are a couple of rooms south of St. Louis, such as Hillsboro Billiards, that are worth visit.

Lou Figueroa

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, i specifically meant The Cue in Maplewood

Ok thanks. I haven’t been there. I knew C and C was non smoking.

So now I have two more places to check out. Saratoga Lanes and the Cue. I wish all rooms would be non smoking

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok thanks. I haven’t been there. I knew C and C was non smoking.

So now I have two more places to check out. Saratoga Lanes and the Cue. I wish all rooms would be non smoking
Cue-n-Cushion is pretty cool spot. It was Louie Roberts home room and has a cool vibe to it. Nice tables. Not a hip sports/billiards/food spot, just pool and billiards. The bowling alley is like stepping back in time. Tables are really nice.

Echelon

The hill hill thrilla
Silver Member
C&c

Cue and Cushion. Snacks and drinks, no smoking, no alcohol, just pool. All 9 foot tables, couple diamonds and the rest GC's. They have one billiard and one snooker table and one valley. Table time is dirt cheap, especially before 6pm. They could charge an entrance fee just to watch the show, all the one pocket guys barking at each other will have you doubled over. I need to make it over to Teachers, but I live in Illinois. I work close to C&C so I spend some time playing there.

Stew_Pidaso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Teachers is currently smoke free on the pool floor, but is still allowed on the upper bar deck. I helps a little when the place is not busy, but still smoky when busy. However, there is hope in near future. There has been serious discussion to making it totally smoke free and making a patio outside for the smokers to go outside and still be protected from the elements. If it goes as I heard, they may go smoke free this spring when weather is nice and allow them time to prepare the patio for the fall and winter when the weather turns cold again.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any rooms out toward Wildwood? A friend just moved there. He plays with a pretty sweet Scruggs.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive been going to Cue and Cushion almost daily for the last month. The tables are nice, with a 3 cushion and Snooker option. They have Brunswick and Diamond tables. The time is affordable. The snacks are cheap. There is no smoking. If you need a cue, case, or table you can find a great deal. Lastly, the family who own and operate c and c have been extremely nice to me.

the regulars are super nice guys. A lot of fun and trash talking daily. Several are retired military like myself, which is fun. We've been having some inter-service one pocket battles.

Hope to see you there.

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Searching for Rooms

We have most of the pool rooms, table information, tournaments and leagues availability on our system.

Search by city, pool room name and/or zip code for localization!
Filter and sort as you go!

Hope it helps out!
The App is free as well as all of it is available on mobile and/or website! :)

Have a good day and hit'em straight!