Viking History Question?

mrpiper

Registered
I have been in search of information on my own Viking F50 cue. I bought it from Seyberts in 2006. It came with two shafts with matching rings. One of the shafts has never even been chalked. The shafts and butt are still perfectly straight together and apart. About the same time, I bought a Scorpion cue with a leather wrap because it was supposed to be "low deflection." Most pathetic excuse for a broomstick I have ever seen. They should be ashamed to sell such. It hit like a rock and I eventually just gave it away. My Viking has been like an old friend for many years and while I have no plans to part with it, I see that now there are a LOT of new LD Technologies and even Viking now has Vpro, ViKore and Exact Shot. My cue is so old that it doesn't even have a logo on it. Does anyone here have info on the construction of Viking Shafts in 2006 and earlier? I would just like to know a little more about it. If anyone has any advertising material from that era, I would really like to see a picture of that as well. Thanks so much.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Top grade maple, 40+ years of experience, a decent tip, what else could you want! I have a couple of old vikings laying around. I'm rather fond of them.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
http://www.vikingcue.com/f-series/

The Vpro is just basic good old fashion maple and likely the same as the unmarked shaft on your F50. I have more than a few Vikings and my feeling is that the quality of their shafts varied over the years. I think they added the Vpro name around 2011 or 2012.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I have a friend who lived in Kenosha for a year when he was young.
He bought a Viking before it was Viking...made in Gordon Hart’s basement...1965.
...middle 90s, I sent it to Viking for an ostrich wrap.
He lives out of town and I can’t get a pic yet....guy’s still using a clamshell for a phone..:eek:

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
I have a Viking from the mid to late 1990's. It's a Blue stained maple cue; with some pearloid rings on it. It just has their standard maple shaft from the time of manufacture. It's still straight after 20+ years.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend who lived in Kenosha for a year when he was young.
He bought a Viking before it was Viking...made in Gordon Hart’s basement...1965.
...middle 90s, I sent it to Viking for an ostrich wrap.
He lives out of town and I can’t get a pic yet....guy’s still using a clamshell for a phone..:eek:

I would seriously love to see pics of that cue.

I have one that is 1966/67, probably more like 67. And a Titlist conversion to boot.