Diamond pro-am slate adjustments

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for the install pros, if you adjust the pro-am slate wedges and need to back them off, are they supposed to back off when you reverse the screw? What or how do you back off the wedges if it seems that backing off the screw is not lowering them. Do you need to loosen the slate to reset everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

You are in a stone cold snooker... you’ll need to remove the rail bolts and remove the rail assembly, take the load off the wedge and unscrew the bolt that allows the wedge to backoff. There are a few ways to do it but in a nutshell you’ll need to lift the slate to take the load load off the wedge...

Rob.M

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Question for the install pros, if you adjust the pro-am slate wedges and need to back them off, are they supposed to back off when you reverse the screw? What or how do you back off the wedges if it seems that backing off the screw is not lowering them. Do you need to loosen the slate to reset everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the screw will not back the wedge out. If you absolutely have to, use a hammer to knock them back in....
Have you watched Pauls Smith's Diamond Pro Am leveling method on you tube? It may help you.
Good Luck!

Trent from Toledo

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, the screw will not back the wedge out. If you absolutely have to, use a hammer to knock them back in....
Have you watched Pauls Smith's Diamond Pro Am leveling method on you tube? It may help you.
Good Luck!

Trent from Toledo

Thanks for the answer guys! Yes I did and followed it to the best of my abilities. :)

I did have a question regarding the size of the machinist level. Paul's video is for a 9 foot table - would you use the same size for a 7 foot or would you use a little smaller one because of the distance of the slate levelers?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks for the answer guys! Yes I did and followed it to the best of my abilities. :)

I did have a question regarding the size of the machinist level. Paul's video is for a 9 foot table - would you use the same size for a 7 foot or would you use a little smaller one because of the distance of the slate levelers?

Its not difficult to push the wedge back in after backing the threaded rod out a little. Call me, 702-927-5689.