Finding a long lost friend

Albatross Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha,

Going through my old shafts in storage I came across a shaft I never put into service due to the sugar marks on the shaft. But what I found was and original Morri med tip. I forgot how well these tips perform. Kinda like finding a long lost friend. Needless to say I really enjoyed today's pratice session. They just don't make them like this anymore. Brings me back to the good old days. Now I gotta go back and find the old tins, because I know somewhere there are more of these tips running around. Let the hunt begin.

Aloha

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep me too.

The OLD Moori Mediums IMO, were the best tips ever.

I now use Moori Softs which are about as close as I can find.

Ken

Albatross Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is just amazing how well they play, just got finished practicing the last 4 hrs with this shaft this morning, and I'm ready to start again, maybe some breakfast and more pool.

I have tried numerous tips over the years, some times changing out tips weekly just to give new ones a shot. I have yet to find one to match the performance of these old Morri tips. It was nice to find this one and experience this kind of feel again.

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep me too.

The OLD Moori Mediums IMO, were the best tips ever.

I now use Moori Softs which are about as close as I can find.

Ken

Hey Ken,

If you like the Old Moori Meds, you should try the ZAN tips now. They play like the old Moories.

Ron

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Pigs then must have been healthier.
Those were the best for sure. They were just right.
They played quiet too.

Albatross Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have yet to try the Zan tips. I got a dozen or more tips on order right now looking for the holy grail of hits. I got to try the TNT tips and they were good for a bit, but just did not stand up like the old Morri tip. Just for shits and giggles I ordered some of the Vietnamise tips on EBay just to try them out. I am not expecting much from them, but I will never know if I don't try.