Who knows The American Cueist magazine?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here are my duplicates. I need issues 10 and 11 of Volume 8 (September and October of 2000) and everything in Volume 9 and later.

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm sorting out my magazines again and have gotten to American Cueist. Here is a chart of the months that have been reported. Blank spots are the months that exist. If anyone has copies of the months that are X'ed out, please let me know and I will fix the chart. (I assume that other issues in 2001 and 2002 were printed, but I don't know which ones.)

If anyone has extras of anything after August of 2000, I'd like to get copies for which I'll be glad to pay. I have some earlier copies if you would like to trade instead.

CropperCapture[54].png

Last edited:

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
American Cueist

January 2002

I bought a bunch from someone selling them on E-bay.

Attachments

• IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 314

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I received there magazine for about two years and saved every copy. Someone on this site offered good money for these periodicals so I went to dig them up. My wife had pitched them without my knowledge.:mad:

Along time ago I collected all the Pool Magazines and my cues made the cover of the American Cueist once. One time I went to the burning pile and noticed hundreds of pool magazines that were partially burned. My wife thought she would put a match to them and I would not noticed them missing. If you want to burn magazines you better take them a apart a few pages at a time and throw them on the fire slowly or they will not burn. Needless to say after a big fuss I no longer collected magazines. Funny thing is after she passed away I had to throw all kinds of farm and womens magazines away that somehow never found the burning pile. :)

Last edited:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
~ANNOUNCEMENT~
Not unlike some of the other collectors out there, we are also trying to locate every billiard publication we can get our hands on, to scan, and build a digital, searchable database. ( we do not want to keep actual paper)

We are looking for ANYONE who can help us with this process. Whether it be loaning us books or magazines, or working on the scanning process as well.

If you can help please shoot me a PM or contact me thru our museum website. Thanks

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Magazines

Had those. Sold them all. But, have Make It On The Snap Magazines. All issues
They have a Cue Collectors issue which apparently is selling for $120.
Had offers to sell it outside the pack. I won't sell it separately though!
Have images on this link: The Snap Magazine

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have added January 2002 to the table of issues that are known to exist above. Were there any others in 2002 other than Jan, Jul, Aug and Sep?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have added January 2002 to the table of issues that are known to exist above. Were there any others in 2002 other than Jan, Jul, Aug and Sep?

I can confirm the existence of the following issues that are shown as unknown in your post #23 above:

Jan. 2001
Feb. 2001 (with a January 2001 date on the cover but February inside)
Mar. 2001
Apr. 2001
May 2001
June 2001
Aug. 2001
Nov. 2001
Dec. 2001

Feb. 2002
Apr. 2002
May 2002
June 2002

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
American Cueist

The American Cueist

I have every month in 2001.
Odd thing is two (2) isues say “January 2001”, but photo on cover is different and table of contents different.
One of these has February-2001 on bottom of each page.
(Thanks Atlarge for pointing this out)

For 2002, I have:
January
February
April
May
June
July
August
September

For 2002, I do NOT have March, October, November or December

Last edited:

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
I’m a little late to the party but here’s a couple of issues I had at hand to take pics. These were my cues and pics featured on the covers of may 2001 and July 2001

Attachments

• 102629C8-72DD-4D95-A2C8-6063861DABBE.jpg
    102629C8-72DD-4D95-A2C8-6063861DABBE.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 321
  • 7C46676D-4050-4CB4-8CC6-ED8DD222B2E0.jpg
    7C46676D-4050-4CB4-8CC6-ED8DD222B2E0.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 318

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m a little late to the party but here’s a couple of issues I had at hand to take pics. These were my cues and pics featured on the covers of may 2001 and July 2001
Thanks for the info. With the addition of July 2001 we have the following map of published issues. "x" means that the issue has not been reported yet. Anyone seen the "x" issues from 2000-2002?

CropperCapture[87].png

Edit: and here is with Larry's October find added

Last edited:

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
Here’s a pic of oct 2001 cover that bob has a x on his list. I dug out a few more, still have some more to find somewhere!

Attachments

• CB120A98-0389-44B1-B3AF-700C7F45C02E.jpg
    CB120A98-0389-44B1-B3AF-700C7F45C02E.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 319

Fat James

Registered
Yep I know it

Do we have any forum members "in the know" about THE AMERICAN CUEIST magazine that superseded what was known as the Texas Billiard News?

I know that TBN started in March, 1987 which became The American Cueist with their inaugural issue in Dec, 1992. I have all issues but one (missing FEB, 1996) up through all of 1999 but cannot find any more information on how long it actually ran.

If anyone has more to share on these two publications (perhaps has all of the TBN) or pics to share or any leads, I would be oh so grateful.

Perhaps there is a FEB, 1996 copy out there looking for a new home as well. PM or post anything here of course.

Thanks everyone!

K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I know it and was even mentioned in it back in the early 90's for going undefeated in our BCA league championships for Speed's billiard.. That was way back in the day..