A message from Emily Duddy to all pool players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterfly

Emily Duddy
A MESSAGE TO THOSE THAT LOVE POOL, EQUALITY, ENCOURAGEMENT & SUPPORT AND THOSE THAT HATE JUDGES, CRITICS, RAILBIRDS, HATERS, & COWARDS:

I'M SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE MANY FAMILY, FRIENDS AND FANS THAT SUPPORT ME IN MY POOL ENDEAVORS, BUT THERE HAS BEEN A GROUP OF HATERS ON WOMEN POOL PLAYERS THAT HAS NEVER BEEN CALLED OUT. WELL IT'S TIME FOR ME TO CALL OUT THESE NASTY PEOPLE AND ANYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO BRING PEOPLE DOWN!

OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS THERE HAS BEEN A PATHETIC GROUP OF HATERS & CRITICS ATTACKING WOMEN POOL PLAYERS ON PUBLIC POOL FORUMS, IT IS DISRESPECTFUL AND PATHETIC, IT IS IN POOR TASTE AND IT SYMBOLIZES THE WORST EGO IN THE POOL WORLD. IT TRULY EMBODIES ONE OF THE BIGGEST REASON'S OUR SPORT IS NOT MORE SUCCESSFUL.

The player's that have been attacked the most in these forums are Myself (Emily Duddy), Borana Andoni, and Jennifer Barretta. The 3 of us are great players, we continue to put in the time in on our game, we compete non-stop putting in our own $, and give back to other players, leagues, and charities as much as possible. We also put ourselves out there to further pool. We are not at the top of the ranking's yet, but every great player has a journey to the top. I think we are being scrutinized because we have been business savvy and taken opportunities made possible by our marketability. Well we are in America and that is how it works. The 3 of us are great people, with big hearts, who are generous and kind. We have talent, passion, and a determination to succeed. Yes we have gotten press, but that is because of who we are and what we stand for.

The list of our current titles, rankings, or stats is completely irrelevant. At the moment the pool world is working on becoming consistent, but up until now there is no good system for ranking players that are professional, men or women. The tours are inconsistent and struggling. The only way to help make that happen in the future is by sticking together!!!!

WHAT THEY CRITICIZE IS OUT OF IGNORANCE, JEALOUS, AND SPITE:

1.) They degrade the level of our play when most of them have no idea how we can play or what we are capable of. Maybe they saw a youtube video, maybe they saw one match, maybe they are going based off rankings or stats, maybe they saw one tournament. Whatever the case may be, no one knows the level of someone's game accept the player themselves. I'm so sick of all these critics and commentator's trying to sum up a player's skill level after watching them play one time. Maybe they had a bad or good match or tournament. It's so easy to sit on the sidelines, behind a computer screen or a television and judge. It is true ignorance. JEN, BORANA AND MYSELF HAVE PLAYED HUNDREDS OF TOURNAMENTS, PUT IN THOUSANDS OF PRACTICE HOURS, AND HAVE BEEN PLAYING/COMPETING FOR YEARS AND DECADES. HOW MUCH OF THAT DID YOU HATERS WATCH US PLAY? PROBABLY NONE!

2.) They bash the way we dress, promotional photos, and projects. We don't care if people don't like us or find us attractive. The truth is we are trying to add a new level of marketability to the world of pool. We are trying to push boundaries. We are doing our best to start new projects and to help the pool world grow stronger. But most importantly we are being ourselves and showing the world who we are. Maybe you should try it sometime and come out from behind your keyboard.

AS A POOL PLAYER OR A FAN OF POOL, IF YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE POOL WORLD PLEASE HELP SILENCE THESE DISRESPECTFUL PEOPLE TOGETHER. THEY ARE HURTING THE SUCCESS OF OUR SPORT. IF YOU ARE HATER WILL JUST PLEASE STOP!

I AM A FAN OF FREE SPEECH AND IF YOU WANT TO START A FORUM ON ANY TOPIC OF YOUR CHOOSING THEN BY ALL MEANS, BUT WHY ARE YOU SO MISERABLE THAT YOU ARE ATTACKING PLAYERS BY NAME AND DEGRADING THEIR REPUTATIONS WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THEM OR ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. WHATEVER YOU THINK YOU KNOW IS HEARSAY OR YOUR DISTORTED VIEW OF REALITY. WHY DON'T YOU TRY TO GET TO KNOW US FIRST. WE ARE VERY DOWN-TO-EARTH PEOPLE.

BOTTOM LINE IS THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS TO SUPPORT OTHER PEOPLE RIGHT NOW IN ORDER TO CAUSE POSITIVE CHANGE. THE POOL WORLD WILL NEVER GROW AND BECOME SUCCESSFUL IF WE ARE FIGHTING AMONGST OURSELVES.

www.emilyduddy.com

abs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ms Duddy,

Glad you spoke your mind, and it's unfortunate that you have cause to even say any of this. Nobody should be tearing anybody down for doing their best, and if people can't help build you up then they should just frankly shut-up. And to one of your points, we are all on a journey, some of us still working to get to where you have been are going, and others looking back to see that you are where they once were... We should all be cheering you on.

For every jerk who tries to put you down, there are many more who feel otherwise... Unfortunately it's often the jerk who voices himself, or he speaks the loudest. Sadly, the jerks aren't going anywhere, but I'd say for those who want to be supportive please speak-up and drown out the haters.

Ms. Duddy, Just keep doing what you are doing, it's great for you, it's great for all female players, great for all pool players, and great the sport!

All that aside. I also just want to say I was glad to see you play in Amway Cup. I know it was a tough field, a lot of pressure, and not to mention the time shift... But I look forward to see you play again in it next year.

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
Very well said I think perhaps the best way to put it is those that can do and those that can't hate. You would probably have give most of the haters the 7 anyway.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed the read. Just remember that people are going to post crap on a pulic forum with the intent to get under your skin. Can't let them get to ya.

CJ is a good example. He tries to help people and is a huge contribitor to pool but I see him constantly being attacked on this site.

You can't please everybody.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice post Emily.

I really enjoy watching the ladies play, they are super focused.

What I would like to see in this game is coed play. Why more ladies are not entering tournaments to play the guys is beyond me. Some of you could spank a few. :smile:

Don't pay a whole lot of attention to the negative remarks on this forum. Some folks just are not capable of offering constructive or positive suggestions or criticisms.

Hope to see you on TV or the Internet soon.

Have a good day. :wink:

John

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Ms. Duddy,

Well stated.

Just keep in mind that there are many more on AZB that just read & hardly, if ever, post. While the negative 'haters' & put down artists are more 'visible' & 'loud' they are few in number when compared to the whole population.

Good Luck in ALL of your endeavors & especially when representing the Game We Love.

Best Regards & Wishes,

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Women have always been discriminated against in the pool world. It still exists today in the year 2013. It's a damn shame!

Instead of being judged on talent, they are looked at in a different light having nothing to do with playing pool.

One thing about it, when they start talking about you, that means you've reached a high level in the pool world. The majority of the American pool culture has very little respect for pro-caliber players, especially women. Pool is cruel to its own.

Banks

Banned
Women have always been discriminated against in the pool world. It still exists today in the year 2013. It's a damn shame!

Instead of being judged on talent, they are looked at in a different light having nothing to do with playing pool.

One thing about it, when they start talking about you, that means you've reached a high level in the pool world. The majority of the American pool culture has very little respect for pro-caliber players, especially women. Pool is cruel to its own.

Yep. It's a harsh thing to find enjoyment in a sport/game heavily populated by people that haven't yet left the high school gym and ego behind.

I think she's giving too much credit to the negative people. If they aren't there to support you in what you want to do, they can bugger off.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A MESSAGE TO THOSE THAT LOVE POOL, EQUALITY, ENCOURAGEMENT & SUPPORT AND THOSE THAT HATE JUDGES, CRITICS, RAILBIRDS, HATERS, & COWARDS:

I'M SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE MANY FAMILY, FRIENDS AND FANS THAT SUPPORT ME IN MY POOL ENDEAVORS, BUT THERE HAS BEEN A GROUP OF HATERS ON WOMEN POOL PLAYERS THAT HAS NEVER BEEN CALLED OUT. WELL IT'S TIME FOR ME TO CALL OUT THESE NASTY PEOPLE AND ANYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO BRING PEOPLE DOWN!

OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS THERE HAS BEEN A PATHETIC GROUP OF HATERS & CRITICS ATTACKING WOMEN POOL PLAYERS ON PUBLIC POOL FORUMS, IT IS DISRESPECTFUL AND PATHETIC, IT IS IN POOR TASTE AND IT SYMBOLIZES THE WORST EGO IN THE POOL WORLD. IT TRULY EMBODIES ONE OF THE BIGGEST REASON'S OUR SPORT IS NOT MORE SUCCESSFUL.

The player's that have been attacked the most in these forums are Myself (Emily Duddy), Borana Andoni, and Jennifer Barretta. The 3 of us are great players, we continue to put in the time in on our game, we compete non-stop putting in our own $, and give back to other players, leagues, and charities as much as possible. We also put ourselves out there to further pool. We are not at the top of the ranking's yet, but every great player has a journey to the top. I think we are being scrutinized because we have been business savvy and taken opportunities made possible by our marketability. Well we are in America and that is how it works. The 3 of us are great people, with big hearts, who are generous and kind. We have talent, passion, and a determination to succeed. Yes we have gotten press, but that is because of who we are and what we stand for.

The list of our current titles, rankings, or stats is completely irrelevant. At the moment the pool world is working on becoming consistent, but up until now there is no good system for ranking players that are professional, men or women. The tours are inconsistent and struggling. The only way to help make that happen in the future is by sticking together!!!!

WHAT THEY CRITICIZE IS OUT OF IGNORANCE, JEALOUS, AND SPITE:

1.) They degrade the level of our play when most of them have no idea how we can play or what we are capable of. Maybe they saw a youtube video, maybe they saw one match, maybe they are going based off rankings or stats, maybe they saw one tournament. Whatever the case may be, no one knows the level of someone's game accept the player themselves. I'm so sick of all these critics and commentator's trying to sum up a player's skill level after watching them play one time. Maybe they had a bad or good match or tournament. It's so easy to sit on the sidelines, behind a computer screen or a television and judge. It is true ignorance. JEN, BORANA AND MYSELF HAVE PLAYED HUNDREDS OF TOURNAMENTS, PUT IN THOUSANDS OF PRACTICE HOURS, AND HAVE BEEN PLAYING/COMPETING FOR YEARS AND DECADES. HOW MUCH OF THAT DID YOU HATERS WATCH US PLAY? PROBABLY NONE!

2.) They bash the way we dress, promotional photos, and projects. We don't care if people don't like us or find us attractive. The truth is we are trying to add a new level of marketability to the world of pool. We are trying to push boundaries. We are doing our best to start new projects and to help the pool world grow stronger. But most importantly we are being ourselves and showing the world who we are. Maybe you should try it sometime and come out from behind your keyboard.

AS A POOL PLAYER OR A FAN OF POOL, IF YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE POOL WORLD PLEASE HELP SILENCE THESE DISRESPECTFUL PEOPLE TOGETHER. THEY ARE HURTING THE SUCCESS OF OUR SPORT. IF YOU ARE HATER WILL JUST PLEASE STOP!

I AM A FAN OF FREE SPEECH AND IF YOU WANT TO START A FORUM ON ANY TOPIC OF YOUR CHOOSING THEN BY ALL MEANS, BUT WHY ARE YOU SO MISERABLE THAT YOU ARE ATTACKING PLAYERS BY NAME AND DEGRADING THEIR REPUTATIONS WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THEM OR ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. WHATEVER YOU THINK YOU KNOW IS HEARSAY OR YOUR DISTORTED VIEW OF REALITY. WHY DON'T YOU TRY TO GET TO KNOW US FIRST. WE ARE VERY DOWN-TO-EARTH PEOPLE.

BOTTOM LINE IS THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS TO SUPPORT OTHER PEOPLE RIGHT NOW IN ORDER TO CAUSE POSITIVE CHANGE. THE POOL WORLD WILL NEVER GROW AND BECOME SUCCESSFUL IF WE ARE FIGHTING AMONGST OURSELVES.

www.emilyduddy.com

You done well!!!

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im with you Em but like i said on FB-There are a certain number of folks who feel good knowing they are making another angry or sad. As long as there is the internet, you'll see plenty of them Im afraid. Just keep moving forward. I know you will.

Gravy

Last edited:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Im with you on this, most of the people offending are repeat offenders on every topic. It's not just you and the girls , they are blatantly disrespectful to any high profile players... Even CJ and he's a champion. What I'm saying is don't feel like your singled out because they dont respect boundaries with anyone. I do however feel that OMGWTF should should refrain from trying to humiliate players such as Dechaine . That in itself was in poor taste and provokes people to return the favor. That kind of publicity is bad for the sport also. Good luck and you've got good people in your corner.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Ms. Duddy, I really enjoyed your post, and agree with you. I wish you and the other ladies the best, its fun keeping up with your progress.

I do predict this thread will end badly, tho....as they always do. As others have pointed out, there will be those who will sling the crap, just for their own enjoyment. Don't let it get to you, then they win.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Im with you on this, most of the people offending are repeat offenders on every topic. It's not just you and the girls , they are blatantly disrespectful to any high profile players... Even CJ and he's a champion. What I'm saying is don't feel like your singled out because they dont respect boundaries with anyone. I do however feel that Borana should should refrain from trying to humiliate players such as Dechaine . That in itself was in poor taste and provokes people to return the favor. That kind of publicity is bad for the sport also. Good luck and you've got good people in your corner.

Unless I missed something, Petey, it wasn't Borana messing with Mike, but her one-time opponent OMGWTF....

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Lol then dont play for fun in just a bra at a regional tour championship. Outside of that best of luck and keep on hitting them good. Everybody gets where they are going eventually. Cant waste time on so called haters if you got things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.