Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Instructor Reviews
Reload this Page Who is the best instructor in the US?
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-18-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusmadpark View Post
What should your level be to take lessons? Should you be able to string a few racks together or run 5 balls and then miss a ball because you have to power stroke it and don’t feel comfortable drawing 5 feet for shape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i know your question was to scott
but i think everyone from someone who never played (especially for them ) to a pro can benefit with lessons.
look at the coach from the usa mosconi cup requiring the players to go to boot camp with him..there is an example of the best players still getting instruction

Old
  (#32)
SFC9ball
JimBaker PBIA Instructor

SFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-19-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusmadpark View Post
What should your level be to take lessons? Should you be able to string a few racks together or run 5 balls and then miss a ball because you have to power stroke it and donít feel comfortable drawing 5 feet for shape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At any level a player can benefit from lessons, the player just has to be open minded to get the most out of the experience.

My thought is this you can take a lesson and stream line the learning and get yourself to your highest potential in a reasonable time or you can muddle you way through it and take years to possibly get there.

New players taking a lesson right from the beginning will be better off because they wont have any bad habits to break. They will have the ability to build a solid foundation of their stance, stroke and Pre-Shot Routine in a shorter period of time and this helps greatly when working on the Skills needed to play the game at a high level.

Jim Baker
PBIA Advanced Instructor
(573) 433-0386
E-mail: 1jbcuerepair@gmail.com

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: