Old
  (#76)
One Pocket John
AzB Gold Member
One Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-19-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMas View Post
One reason:
Many PI players are shorter than US and European players so the standard cue is proportionately longer for them causing them to pull.
How sweet is that. If they want more weight behind their grip hand all they do is add a heavier butt end weight bolt. Ya gotta love it.

Custom cues should be built to proportionately fit US and European players.

I think some US players and at least one Russian player are starting to see the light.

John

One Pocket John
St. Louis, MO.

I don't play One Pocket as much as I use to, but when I do, I play at Cue & Cushion - Overland, MO.

In Memory of Dean Higgs and Harry Sims - gone but not forgotten and thank you.

Last edited by One Pocket John; 09-19-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Old
  (#77)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket John View Post
How sweet is that. If they want more weight behind their grip hand all they do is add a heavier butt end weight bolt. Ya gotta love it.
Custom cues should be built to proportionately fit US and European players.
I think some US players and at least one Russian player are starting to see the light.
John
You're a pretty clever guy to come up with that thing.
By the way, the "One Pocket John El Cheapo Extension" just keeps on rolling on.
As Clyde McPhatter and his Drifters sang....."Money Honey". ooooooo yes.
I painted mine white with bright pink polka dots and even went out and bought a hot pink shooting glove too.
Now you should just hear all the controversy that brings about.
I just love owning 'know-it-all pool players'.
Regards,
Lowenstein
Name:  Cartoon of man with lots of money.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  9.5 KB

Old
  (#78)
One Pocket John
AzB Gold Member
One Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
You're a pretty clever guy to come up with that thing.
By the way, the "One Pocket John El Cheapo Extension" just keeps on rolling on.
As Clyde McPhatter and his Drifters sang....."Money Honey". ooooooo yes.
I painted mine white with bright pink polka dots and even went out and bought a hot pink shooting glove too.
Now you should just hear all the controversy that brings about.
I just love owning 'know-it-all pool players'.
Regards,
Lowenstein
Attachment 501057
Thanks for the kind words and support P.L.

The design has changed. The weighting system is not stationary any more, it moves inside the extension. It's a blast to play with.

I also make a shorter version for Break Cues they are 7" long and weigh in at 7 to 8 oz.( weight is stationary) Slip one of these on the butt end of your break cue and then pull the cue into the cue ball. No more trying to push the cue to break the balls. The break is a lot more controllable because less stick speed is needed. SVB is the best at pulling the cue into the cue ball.

If you think that something like this may help your game let me know, I'll send you one............no charge. Just message me your mailing address and it's done. Oh, you'll have to repaint it, they are black.

Later and have a good day.

John

One Pocket John
St. Louis, MO.

I don't play One Pocket as much as I use to, but when I do, I play at Cue & Cushion - Overland, MO.

In Memory of Dean Higgs and Harry Sims - gone but not forgotten and thank you.

Last edited by One Pocket John; 09-22-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Old
  (#79)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket John View Post
Thanks for the kind words and support P.L.
The design has changed. The weighting system is not stationary any more, it moves inside the extension. It's a blast to play use.
I also make a shorter version for Break Cues they are 7" long and weigh in at 7 to 8 oz.( weight is stationary) Slip one of these on the butt end of your break cue and then pull the cue into the cue ball. No more trying to push the cue to break the balls. The break is a lot more controllable because less stick speed is needed. SVB is the best at pulling the cue into the cue ball.
If you think that something like this may help your game let me know, I'll send you one............no charge. Just message me your mailing address and it's done. Oh, you'll have to repaint it, they are black.
Later and have a good day.
John
Interesting. (Great minds do think alike)
25 years ago I decided to build a break cue.
I got a solid iron 3/8 inch diameter rod about 5 feet long at the junkyard. And knocked all the rust off.
Then I sawed off the front 2 inches from an old wood cue and used a coupla' gobs of JB Weld to attach it to the front end of that rod so it would have a tip.
Gave it a coat of primer, painted it black, and then a coat or two of clear polyurethane.
Then I wrapped an old towel around the 'shooting end' for a grip and secured it tightly with a bunch of string.
Ugliest damn thing you ever saw........but ohhhhhh would it scatter pool balls.
Man......when that thing hit a rack of balls, balls went scattering all over the table as if superman had hit them. Didn't have to move it real fast either...just draw back, go forward, and let the "cue" do the work.
I was playing in the old Busch League back then and you should have heard them squall when I blasted into a rack with that thing on one of those crummy little 3 1/2 x 7 tables! It was something to see. Balls flying into pockets everywhere.
I knew it wouldn't last for long, though. Too much complaining so the big dog league boss eventually banned it.
(even though the ones complaining were always wanting to borrow it)
It was fun for a while though.

Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: