"Diamondizing" a Gold Crown III.. In Germany

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I guarantee you, Russ can pocket balls....LOL

Oh, I forgot to mention, Glenn. Made a test 5 rail kick on the second try. Came 1/2 diamond short the first try, because it was raining cats and dogs..

Regardless of what these two yahoos wanna say, the table banks great IMO, and I feel like I will be very well prepared for DCC this year.

Oh, I forgot to mention, Glenn. Made a test 5 rail kick on the second try. Came 1/2 diamond short the first try, because it was raining cats and dogs..

Regardless of what these two yahoos wanna say, the table banks great IMO, and I feel like I will be very well prepared for DCC this year.

You are in denial. We understand. As long as you are happy then that’s all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I’d say you got your money’s worth. At the end of the day, if your happy that’s what matters the most.

From my perspective, if I pay someone for a job and I feel that I could have done at least that well I’d be upset. Your not so that’s OK. Maybe we can play some 1P at Derby because I can’t spell banc:wink:

Enjoy
Jim

PS Thanks to you we all have more knowledge

"Diamondizing" a Gold Crown III.. In Germany

Have you seen the hack work thread in the mechanics forum? Are you suppose to quit playing pool if you can't get a pool table set up to play as well as it can be made to play, because the local mechanic talent is weak? If that were the case about 90% of American tables wouldn't pass the quality work test either, so then what....quit playing?

No you are not supposed to stop playing. I support the passion of pool and all that implies. That’s not the point though. But Glenn with all due respect that’s not how this thread started. It started by short Russ telling us how he lost a match because he didn’t have enough practice time on a diamond and wanted a diamond to improve his chances. Now in all honesty we can probably all agree this table does not meet those standards. You know this Glenn. I can’t see how this table will improve the game. I really think that short buss would have Been better shimming in this case. The table would have probably kicked balls out which would have made the table tougher than a diamond and that might have proven to be a better practice table. Now someone in Germany has to know how to re-cover a table. It’s very possible this was the first table this individual has ever done.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

So, you're saying it plays close to Diamond blue label?

I’d say you got your money’s worth. At the end of the day, if your happy that’s what matters the most.

From my perspective, if I pay someone for a job and I feel that I could have done at least that well I’d be upset. Your not so that’s OK. Maybe we can play some 1P at Derby because I can’t spell banc:wink:

Enjoy
Jim

PS Thanks to you we all have more knowledge

Well yea for $150 bucks.....you certainly got what you paid for. To setup tables here in the US it’s like $500 and that’s without extensions. So I guess it’s a bargain. I do t know. Wouldn’t sit well with me personally but, at this point it kinda is what it is right?

91design

Registered
Russ honestly I think that you would have done a better work installing the cloth yourself with the support of Simonis DVDs.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
So, you're saying it plays close to Diamond blue label?

Feels like it plays pretty close to the Big Truck action table at Derby this year.

Realistically, I am happy with the way it plays so far.. I am a lot higher level player than I let on, and I haven't seen anything that concerns me with the actual playability of the table. Pockets react well when the ball hits the facing.. Kicks and banks go exactly where I expect them to.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Well yea for $150 bucks.....you certainly got what you paid for. To setup tables here in the US it’s like $500 and that’s without extensions. So I guess it’s a bargain. I do t know. Wouldn’t sit well with me personally but, at this point it kinda is what it is right?

The $150.00 was only for the extension of tge subrails and attachment of the new rails that I bought. Tgere was a separate price for the table that included setup and new cloth.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feels like it plays pretty close to the Big Truck action table at Derby this year.

Realistically, I am happy with the way it plays so far.. I am a lot higher level player than I let on, and I haven't seen anything that concerns me with the actual playability of the table. Pockets react well when the ball hits the facing.. Kicks and banks go exactly where I expect them to.

That’s good to know. I’ll take a small spot then:D
Enjoy your new table and thanks again

realkingcobra

Silver Member
No you are not supposed to stop playing. I support the passion of pool and all that implies. That’s not the point though. But Glenn with all due respect that’s not how this thread started. It started by short Russ telling us how he lost a match because he didn’t have enough practice time on a diamond and wanted a diamond to improve his chances. Now in all honesty we can probably all agree this table does not meet those standards. You know this Glenn. I can’t see how this table will improve the game. I really think that short buss would have Been better shimming in this case. The table would have probably kicked balls out which would have made the table tougher than a diamond and that might have proven to be a better practice table. Now someone in Germany has to know how to re-cover a table. It’s very possible this was the first table this individual has ever done.

I've lived in Germany and Italy for 7 years, that IS what a lot of tables look like over there...LOL

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm happy for you Russ that you got what you wanted. Thanks for sharing in the process. I'm sorry for my role in derailing this thread earlier!

All things considered, that table looks like it will help you get ready for the DCC much more than a stock GC would have. I hope I can make it this year to the DCC and we can match up again:grin-square::grin-square:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What did you end up deciding for the Brunswick? Did you fill the void with something, or re-install the Brunswick lower?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Why does it always seem to suprise you when someone isn't running Diamond into the ground, and that they actually like how they play?...LOL

You need better reading comprehension.
Why does it not surprise you that a table done that way actually plays close to a blue label according to him?
Lol wait ,lol, lol. Another juvenile lol.
Hell, if it doesnt take much to simulate blue label, how good can it be?
Lol
Wait, lol.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You need better reading comprehension.
Why does it not surprise you that a table done that way actually plays close to a blue label according to him?
Lol wait ,lol, lol. Another juvenile lol.
Hell, if it doesnt take much to simulate blue label, how good can it be?
Lol
Wait, lol.

You're losing your claim that Diamonds play so bad, told you you're i that 1% of 1% of the public that feel as you do. Just means your opinion don't carry any weight!

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
You're losing your claim that Diamonds play so bad, told you you're i that 1% of 1% of the public that feel as you do. Just means your opinion don't carry any weight!

False dichotomy.
Look it up.
You call GC's as piece of sh8.
Yet, here's one that plays like a blue label.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Just a quick question to RKC, the guy originally said he needed practice playing on Diamonds, doesn't that mean he does not know how they play?? How can he say it plays like a blue label Diamond if he has no experience with them??

Trent from Toledo