Az Members who build their own cues please post photo's of your new and old work!!!!

TheWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
manwon said:
Willie, first let me say thank you for the kind words, I certainly agree it appears to be doing very.

Below is a my latest Custom Jump cue that is almost completed except for a few minor details. Locally, I have had so many requests for these cues that I will be building many more in the near future.

Any input on this cue would be appreciated!!!!!

View attachment 74099

View attachment 74100

View attachment 74101

View attachment 74102

View attachment 74103

Hey Craig, you're most very welcome buddy :)

That is a sweet jump cue indeed and I'm not suprised that there are alot of local players looking to have one of your custom jumpers, especially with the ring work that you do in the collars and the butt cap :)

The pearlescent rings add a nice touch of class into that jumper, very nice work sir :thumbsup:

Willie

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Latest cues from Craig at Full Splice Billiards

Here are two cues that are almost completed for local customers. The cue with Veneered points was made from a Blank I purchased from Duc Lam. The wood veneers that are around the rings in this cue are made from African Black Wood, Pheasant Wood, and White pearl. The cues points are Rose wood, which extends though the under wrap and out to the end of the cue. The was cut just below the point and a set of rings were added at the customers request. This cue is 59 1/2 inches long and weights 18.8 oz.

The second cue was made from a Antique Brunswick one piece house cues from the 1920's, which has a Maple Front, with Brazilian Rose wood points and handle area. The cues butt sleeve is Amboya Burl with rings. This cue is 58 inches long, and weights 19 oz even.

forearm 1.jpg

butts.jpg

forearm2.jpg

cue.jpg

Take Care

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Latest Conversion Cue Completed by Craig at Full Splice Billiards

Well, here is the latest cue finished at Full Splice Billiards. The cue is a Early Brunswick Titlist Conversion cue. It weights 18.8 oz and it is 58.5 inches long.

f3.jpg

f1.jpg

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

c1.jpg

Enjoy

nbll01

Albrecht Custom Cues
Silver Member
Heres a few Ive completed and sold on here over the last few months.......Thanks Dave

set-1.jpg

PTBuilder

Registered
New To Forum, my first three cue butts

I'm really just getting started in building cues, I got started in April of last year and have been doing much more reading than hands on and I have yet to start turning shafts. The butt with the wrap was my first, it has a figured walnut forearm, walnut under wrap and a maple butt sleeve with nickle silver rings and phenolic resin butt cap, stainless steel piloted joint and 5/16 x 18 pin. I built this one specifically to use a players shaft just to say I built one. It came out weighing 17 oz exactly including shaft.

The one on the left is two piece mahogany, every thing black is gabon ebony and the white inlay is elephant ivory. The pictures really didn't come out too well as the mahogany is much darker.

The one is the middle still needs a pin and bumper and the dowel cut flush but was made from the same board of mahogany.

I have some other half finished cues and some butt sleeves I've messed up the inlays on while learning to hand cut them, its a bit frustrating but it seems to be all I can think about when I'm not working a regular job.

I've got a lot to learn but I love it so much I know I'm not giving up on it.

Attachments

• first3cues.jpg
    first3cues.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,902
Last edited:

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Latest cue

I just finished this one. Thanks for looking and excuse the lousy pictures. Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00819_00.JPG
    DSC00819_00.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,672
  • DSC00814_00.JPG
    DSC00814_00.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,656
  • DSC00813.jpg
    DSC00813.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,649

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
New Custom (Fancy) Jump cue from Full Splice Billiards

Hello Az, lately I have had a number of requests for Custom Jump Cues from my local Customers. In the beginning I made a few for friends, however, this created a demand that has surprised me. This is the first cue made to satisfy this demand with nine more to follow. This cue has a Scottish Theme to satisfy a customers request, however, it is still very very functional, dam thing jumps lights out.

The cue is 42 inches long and it weights 10.6 oz without a weight bolt, the cues shaft is flat laminated with a Phenolic Ferrule, I think the materials used speak for themselves.

Anyones thoughts would be appreciated!!!

cue5.jpg

butt.jpg

Cue4.jpg

Cue2.jpg

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Craig,

I like the ringwork and the shape of the buttsleeve it looks like it was shaped to fit your hand nicely.

Mario

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Craig,

I like the ringwork and the shape of the buttsleeve it looks like it was shaped to fit your hand nicely.

Mario

Thanks Mario, I also like the way colors and the over all design came out when finished. As far as the butt sleeve, I make them like this becuase it serves two purposes, first like you said it fits into myour hand very well, and second it will fit into a normal cue slot in any case without falling in.

Take Care Mario

rob@BPQ

custom cue maker
Silver Member
manwon : thank you i did build this cue. i have been buildingcues since 1990 and i appreciate your comments

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Newly Completed Brunswick 26 1/2 Conversion cue

Here is another recently completed Antique Brunswick Conversion Cue. The cue is Purple Heart spliced into a Maple front, originally this cue weighted 20 oz. The cues butt is made of a number of rings that are Blood wood, Tulip Wood, Quilted maple, and black Pearlized material with a double Black Phenolic Butt cap. The cue comes with two shafts, and it weights 19 oz finished with a wrap. The shafts are 29 inches long and the cues butt is 29 1/2 for a total length of 58 1/2.

3c.jpg

4c.jpg

1c.jpg

2c.jpg

5c.jpg

Have a good night