WWYDoodleoo

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Inside is probably so unpopular because we use it least - it’s really just another hit like all the rest.

pj
chgo

I disagree, but if I shot like everybody else, nobody would want to watch me play. A hit like all the rest, a hit that throws the OB toward the part of the pocket that actually exists.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which is...?

Maybe a little left to come short of the side pocket is the easiest way to play that. The main thing is to avoid over hitting it and getting too close to the 9.

Avoid the scratch - get an angle - keep a safe distance away from the 9. There are several ways to play it but I prefer simplicity. One of my favorite players to watch was Jose Parica. He kept everything simple. Orcollo has a similar game.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe a little left to come short of the side pocket is the easiest way to play that. The main thing is to avoid over hitting it and getting too close to the 9.

Avoid the scratch - get an angle - keep a safe distance away from the 9. There are several ways to play it but I prefer simplicity. One of my favorite players to watch was Jose Parica. He kept everything simple. Orcollo has a similar game.
Gotcha.

And it was that thought that made me put up the shot. I think the 'pro' shot must be rolling it, instead of coming flat out of the corner.

My %s are a bit better with the latter though, I think...

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
um,
probably an easy stroke with right,
cue ball comes back lined up on the corner bottom right.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But how about this approach: hit it as hard as you can?

With center L), you shoot the 9 in bottom r) Otha side pocket on r. There is less need for speed modulation, as you really can't hit it too hard

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
..I'm saving my speed - energy cus, I'm on the hill in a 10 - 3 race...
?

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But how about this approach: hit it as hard as you can?

With center L), you shoot the 9 in bottom r) Otha side pocket on r. There is less need for speed modulation, as you really can't hit it too hard

IMO, that's just asking for trouble... you might go around the nine and
have terrible position... I set this up last night on a GC, a little left on
the eight ball shot got me hitting the first diamond above the side,
easy shape on the nine in the bottom right corner.

$.02

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
IMO, that's just asking for trouble... you might go around the nine and
have terrible position... I set this up last night on a GC, a little left on
the eight ball shot got me hitting the first diamond above the side,
easy shape on the nine in the bottom right corner.

$.02

But that's so boring! It's much more exciting to go three rails and get tough and have to bank the nine. :thumbup:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But that's so boring! It's much more exciting to go three rails and get tough and have to bank the nine. :thumbup:
Spoken like a man who has a table at home!

But at full speed, you really end up near the nine, maybe with the balls lined up as if it were a bank shot in the side pocket... That would be about your worst position.

Within a 24" radius of the 9 is going to be a shot you'd like to have every game.

Of course, it is shooting those 85 percenters too often that keeps a solid player from being a really good player.