Bridge head question

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Is this bridge head legal for play in straight pool??

If not can you tell me the reason behind it not being legal?

Thanks

Kevin

Attachments

• BHJCLG.jpg
    BHJCLG.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 278

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't complain about it but some refs might be offended by the moving part.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
I believe the wording in the WPA ruling goes something like "If the piece of equipment is not listed in the rules, it must be presented to the tournament director/head referee before the tournament starts for approval". This is not in my opinion a standard bridge head, so I think it should get approved before the tournament.

If my opponent would pull out that kind of a bridge head, in a weekly tournament I'd probably say nothing but in a bigger tournament I'd sure ask the TD if that is legal before letting my opponent take a shot with that. Funny looking gimmick though and probably useful :)

Last edited:

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
I believe the wording in the WPA ruling goes something like "If the piece of equipment is not listed in the rules, it must be presented to the tournament director/head referee before the tournament starts for approval". This is not in my opinion a standard bridge head, so I think it should get approved before the tournament.

If my opponent would pull out that kind of a bridge head, in a weekly tournament I'd probably say nothing but in a bigger tournament I'd sure ask the TD if that is legal before letting my opponent take a shot with that. Funny looking gimmick though and probably useful :)

I still have one of those somewhere - the cool part is one can use it to jump balls one can't reach (preferably with a jump cue, of course). The not so cool part is it's easy to damage (scratch, make dents into) a custom cue wood shaft. Being high and not allowing the cue to flex and rise once it bends, it's actually not ideal to shoot any type of shot except rolling one in, simply because the law of physics are going to make the bridge head move and the cue ball leave the table bed shooting hard with that plastic ring around the shaft. But it will get a short player like myself out of trouble occasionally. And yes, people keep asking if it's legal. Funny in a way, given the plethora of bridge heads out there about which no one ever wonders one bit. In the meantime, I've come to much prefer the Keller Pro Justa bridge head, and I've never had anyone complain about that one despite the fact that it doesn't look any less strange (and has movable parts). :wink:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=165967

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Last edited: