Which Wax To Use on Shafts???

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Renaissance Wax, they're available on ebay.
Anyone know if this Renaissance wax will work on a fiberglass sheathed cue shafts like Cuetec's? If so, we may try some out on our 1-piece Cuetec house cues, which feel awesome when new, but quickly get kind of sticky after some usage.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll add my vote for Renaissance Wax. I make sure the shaft is
as clean as possible, then put a SMALL amount of wax on a
microfiber polishing cloth, then buff the shaft.
A little goes a LONG way with this wax.. and it needs a little
time to dry.. then buff again with a clean cloth.

$.02

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which one? The spray wax or the marine cleaner wax? I'm curious if you know how the Marine spray wax would work on balls in a ball polishing machine?
I'd try whichever's cheapest. Prob the spray. We're talkin a fibrg. coated cuetec right? I had one yrs ago and windex did ok. It was my backup barbeater so i wasn't too worried about it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know if this Renaissance wax will work on a fiberglass sheathed cue shafts like Cuetec's? If so, we may try some out on our 1-piece Cuetec house cues, which feel awesome when new, but quickly get kind of sticky after some usage.

I wouldn't think wax is appropriate for synthetic materials.

I say whatever you use to clean your counters would be more likely mo better.

Clorox wipes?

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Probably a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyways. With the Renaissance Wax for instance (or any of them), are you using it on the shaft with a lathe or just applying it on the shaft in general without a lathe? I ask because I don't have a lathe, but would love to put something on my shafts to help keep them slick. Whenever I get a new tip put on for instance, I always give it to someone with a lathe and the shaft feels slick and perfect. Then after a while it starts to not feel as slick, which I assume just happens naturally after chalk, oil, and other residue buildup. If I could apply something like this from time to time and it will keep it slick and not hurt the wood, I would be an extremely happy camper.

Hand apply with a clean cloth, t-shirt, etc, it hardens instantly, so put it on judiciously, then buff it out. I usually spend @ 60 seconds buffing.

neolux

Registered
I wouldn't think wax is appropriate for synthetic materials.

I say whatever you use to clean your counters would be more likely mo better.

Clorox wipes?
Clorox wipes might due the trick for maple shafts...one Los Angeles area custom cue maker suggested to use bleach to clean the shafts and ferrules. With a Cuetec Shaft (I suppose it's fiberglass, you may want use their suggested cleaner (you would not want to 'melt' the coating). Many AZer's suggest Butcher's Bowling wax for shafts after cleaning..

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd certainly cast a vote for Renaissance. It's excellent. Previously I used Butcher's Bowling Alley Wax. That was also quite good but I think Renaissance is a hair better.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I also prefer Renaissance wax over others I have used. It is easy to get and works very well.