Chalkless Cue Tips - the Grip Tip.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont believe this at all. A carb alone can not increase fuel mileage a great deal. Internal combustion engines (ICE) need a specific amount of fuel to make a specific amount of power, to get the claimed 50 MPG from just simply a carb the fuel would need higher BTU's. Electronic feedback fuel injection does a really good job of maintaining maximum economical air/fuel ratios and the only cars coming close to 50 MPG are very small, light, and under powered cars. If they cant get 50 MPG with EFI it certainly will not happen with a carburetor in which air/fuel ratio is controlled by venturis, orifices, needles, jets, and variable airflow.

There's a million of these kind of Grandpa stories out there. They invented a tire that lasts forever, but you'll never see it, because too many industries would suffer, or something to that effect.

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks much!

I tried to enter the Spinster website earlier, but it did not load.

Anyone else have experience with these? Like/Dislike?

I tried chalkless cue tips over 2 years ago. Don’t waste your time or money. Center English will work with these tips, but if you need extreme English, forget about it. These are not for serious pool players; just casual players on the table at home. JMHO

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I've always wanted to try a few of these. I'm on a small hiatus from pool while my back heals, but when I get back, I'm going for a high run of 14.1. I've always suspected that dirt on the balls/cloths/pockets is hindering my high runs. Once you get close to triple digits, the fouling starts affecting the spreads. I get a lot of kicks too. The place where I play is very cheap on the polish, and it typically wears down very quickly and the cloth is full of chalk. Takes only two or three racks, before the behaviour of the balls change. I'm also member of a private club for snooker etc. and in this club, the balls act very consistently by comparison. Because the cloth and balls are cleaned meticulously.

I'm too much of a purist to polish the balls between racks, but maybe this tip could work, with some disciplined cueing and a full understanding of what was possible (pre cleaned table ofc.).

For those who have tried them, is it possible to draw the ball, say about half a table from half a table away? If so, then that's all I'd need.

Every time I go online, intending to buy them, they're either unavailable, or only available in Australia, with monstrous shipping charges, almost twice the price of the tips, makes it hard to pull the trigger.

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Looks Mickey Mouse to me.

Screenshot_20161008-102651.png

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
since the gas is back alive

In 1973 I was selling real gasoline, the stuff with lead in it. A man that traded with me had a '64 El Camino, the small Chevy straight six and a three speed on the column. He consistently got 48 miles to the gallon driving it back and forth to work including two lane highways and a few redlights. We checked his mileage weekly for about a year.

A young girl had a Datsun b-510 I believe it was. The engine was only around 1000CC's, more or less. I think a five speed on the floor, maybe just a four speed. She consistently got 58 miles to the gallon.

About this same time half of the Holman and Moody team, I think Moody claimed to have a carburetor on a Pinto that got 120 miles to the gallon with a medium sized driver in it. With a larger driver and three automotive reporters in the car mileage dropped to I think around 90 miles to the gallon, maybe in the 70's, been a long time. The Pinto was on network TV news in color spots and in magazines, I think Popular Mechanics being one of them. The carburetor never hit the market supposedly because it couldn't pass even the pollution standards of that day. I have never figured out how a carburetor could get four or five times the mileage and pollute worse but that was the claim. He had a carburetor fitted to another vehicle with similar claims but I forget the details.

Holman and Moody used to be winners of the econo runs they held in the fifties pretty regularly. Rumored to be cheating because they dominated so completely sometimes but I don't recall it being proven.

The biggest problem with gasoline is that it is incompletely burned. Supposedly the finer we atomize it we should get better mileage. All I know is that my '73 full sized Ford pick-up with 302 and C-4 automatic got 23 miles to the gallon mixed city and highway. My 2001 with a very slightly larger engine, auto transmission, and computers running everything couldn't beat sixteen miles to the gallon in the same conditions.

If we compare apples to apples the highly sophisticated vehicles of today as a whole aren't performing better or getting better gas mileage than the vehicles of the sixties and early seventies. Seems to be something very wrong with that picture!

Hu

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
If we compare apples to apples the highly sophisticated vehicles of today as a whole aren't performing better or getting better gas mileage than the vehicles of the sixties and early seventies. Seems to be something very wrong with that picture!

Hu

I'm not sure that's true. Besides "Gas" being different now and then, so are car specs in general. I had a '15 Honda that got 35 mpg and made 200+hp. If had been de-tuned to 50-75 HP it's probably get twice the mileage or more easily. It's hard to buy a car of any kind today that ONLY makes 50hp lol. In the 70's and 80's, piece of cake.

My current driver makes 500+HP and I can get in the 30's mpg under normal driving, more even on the highway alone. When I was a kid, anything I built with that much power wouldn't break 10mpg under any circumstances. Not sure apples to apples is even possible on todays readily available mass produced cars.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I'm not sure that's true. Besides "Gas" being different now and then, so are car specs in general. I had a '15 Honda that got 35 mpg and made 200+hp. If had been de-tuned to 50-75 HP it's probably get twice the mileage or more easily. It's hard to buy a car of any kind today that ONLY makes 50hp lol. In the 70's and 80's, piece of cake.

My current driver makes 500+HP and I can get in the 30's mpg under normal driving, more even on the highway alone. When I was a kid, anything I built with that much power wouldn't break 10mpg under any circumstances. Not sure apples to apples is even possible on todays readily available mass produced cars.

Todays cars are also cleaner burnnng. A lot cleaner.