Will We Ever See Anyone More Amazing?

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IIt's cool as hell. The amount of spin is amazing. And that chick is hot too, but obviously can't take a hit to the head.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'd say Florian is a lot like Bob Muldon. (Apologies if I abused the spelling of names!) Bob isn't a particularly great competitor but he can do things with a revolver nobody else can. Two shots so fast you can only hear one sound. Five shots faster than you can blink because he has practiced until he can fan a gun with every finger that goes past the hammer. At close range in the old days of gun fighting he would put five in somebody before they blinked!

For all of that, I was only moderately impressed when I saw Bob compete and he didn't win, different skills. I think Florian is probably much the same. He may have better hand eye coordination than anyone in pool but he isn't a trained professional. Without looking at who is on the list I would bet any of the top five on Fargo against Florian in a heartbeat in a standard eight, nine, or ten ball competition. I would be just as fast to bet Florian shooting wingshots.

Different skills don't make Florian better or worse. He has put in the hours and paid the dues to carve his own path out with a cue stick. He isn't Shane, Shane isn't Florian. Two different paths. I enjoy both for what they are.

There was an elderly Asian shooting trick shots. Some commented that they had seen many of the shots before. True, but this was the man that invented them! Gotta give respect where it is due.

Hu

If you're a fan of Bob, then you should know according to him, there never was a gun duel, never happend, no such thing.

All that high noon bs was made up on TV

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't a knock, but, he uses special masse tips on his cues right?

He uses an elkmaster on his masse cue as do a number of us.

I have competed with Florian for about 4 years now and he is the real deal. He took something and made it his own. Florian can play decent regular pool but he makes way more money then a number of Pro pool players doing what he does. Why give that up? My regular pool game isn't were it could be because I have been doing artistic pool for 5 years, but when I get booked for a show, all my expenses are paid for and I am guaranteed a decent payday before I even walk in the door. Not a bad gig right?

There are some trick shots guys that don't play the best pool, but some do. Mark Dimick out of OKC tends to place very well in big events our there and Sebastian Giumeli of Argentina once placed in the top 10 of the US open many years back. An obviously there is Mike Massey who can still play regular pool at a high speed.

I do know some pro pool players learn some trick shots so they can use them at exhibitions because they are fun and entertaining. I know Shane has learned some classic ones and been filmed doing them.

Unfortunately our sport can get too circus act at times so I can see why people think that sometimes.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He uses an elkmaster on his masse cue as do a number of us.

I have competed with Florian for about 4 years now and he is the real deal. He took something and made it his own. Florian can play decent regular pool but he makes way more money then a number of Pro pool players doing what he does. Why give that up? My regular pool game isn't were it could be because I have been doing artistic pool for 5 years, but when I get booked for a show, all my expenses are paid for and I am guaranteed a decent payday before I even walk in the door. Not a bad gig right?

There are some trick shots guys that don't play the best pool, but some do. Mark Dimick out of OKC tends to place very well in big events our there and Sebastian Giumeli of Argentina once placed in the top 10 of the US open many years back. An obviously there is Mike Massey who can still play regular pool at a high speed.

I do know some pro pool players learn some trick shots so they can use them at exhibitions because they are fun and entertaining. I know Shane has learned some classic ones and been filmed doing them.

Unfortunately our sport can get too circus act at times so I can see why people think that sometimes.

I think the trick shot thing is super cool and Florian is supremely talented. I remember in his early days he put up videos of him playing really good 9 ball. But of course its hard to play 9 Ball with babes laying on the table....wait...why do I play 9 ball again?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
It wasn't the every saturday night thing

If you're a fan of Bob, then you should know according to him, there never was a gun duel, never happend, no such thing.

All that high noon bs was made up on TV

Not particularly a fan of Bob's. More impressed with competition shooters. Like most absolute statements, Bob is wrong. For example, the OK Corral shootout happened, pretty much exactly as shown in the early John Ford western about it. I think My Darling Clementine. To connect the dots we realize the wild west wasn't that long ago. John Ford had the advantage that Wyatt Earp told him the tale first hand and even diagrammed the fight for him. Did it happen exactly like Earp claimed? Hard to say. But no question that two armed parties met each other head on, out in the open.

There were other documented gunfights, one on one out in the open. Of course hundreds or thousands of duels with pistols, two men standing face to face. I know of far more recent gunfights including one in a friend's yard. Crazy, one shot from a .25 killed a man at about seventy-five feet.

There were also quite a few cowboy shootouts where neither could hit the broadside of a barn. Reports of everything but each other being hit. Doc Halliday was a real person too of course and reported to be a truly lousy shot, badly missing men at the range of ten feet or less!

One of the most famous gunfighters in history was in the ending days of the old west and beyond. Read about Jelly Brice and his gunfights if you aren't already familiar with him.

"an edit. Jelly wasn't super well known outside law enforcement. Maybe the best gunfighter ever though. He was also a fantastic trickshot shooter, speed, accuracy, and stunts. Reminds me, Jerry Miculek is doing stunts pretty often in his later years."

Hu

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I'd say Florian is a lot like Bob Muldon. (Apologies if I abused the spelling of names!) Bob isn't a particularly great competitor but he can do things with a revolver nobody else can. Two shots so fast you can only hear one sound. Five shots faster than you can blink because he has practiced until he can fan a gun with every finger that goes past the hammer. At close range in the old days of gun fighting he would put five in somebody before they blinked!
Hu

Bob Munden.

I watched him shoot and pop a 12" diameter balloon at 200 yards with a Colt 1911 in .45ACP and it only took him two attempts. He was very adept with bow and arrow too.

Here's a link to refresh your memory of him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpvCZwoj3tE

Maniac

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Not particularly a fan of Bob's. More impressed with competition shooters. Like most absolute statements, Bob is wrong. For example, the OK Corral shootout happened, pretty much exactly as shown in the early John Ford western about it. I think My Darling Clementine. To connect the dots we realize the wild west wasn't that long ago. John Ford had the advantage that Wyatt Earp told him the tale first hand and even diagrammed the fight for him. Did it happen exactly like Earp claimed? Hard to say. But no question that two armed parties met each other head on, out in the open.

There were other documented gunfights, one on one out in the open. Of course hundreds or thousands of duels with pistols, two men standing face to face. I know of far more recent gunfights including one in a friend's yard. Crazy, one shot from a .25 killed a man at about seventy-five feet.

There were also quite a few cowboy shootouts where neither could hit the broadside of a barn. Reports of everything but each other being hit. Doc Halliday was a real person too of course and reported to be a truly lousy shot, badly missing men at the range of ten feet or less!

One of the most famous gunfighters in history was in the ending days of the old west and beyond. Read about Jelly Brice and his gunfights if you aren't already familiar with him.

"an edit. Jelly wasn't super well known outside law enforcement. Maybe the best gunfighter ever though. He was also a fantastic trickshot shooter, speed, accuracy, and stunts. Reminds me, Jerry Miculek is doing stunts pretty often in his later years."

Hu

There is a difference in a gun fight and walking 10 paces, or standing 30 feet apart staring eachother down until somebody makes a move.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bob Munden.

I watched him shoot and pop a 12" diameter balloon at 200 yards with a Colt 1911 in .45ACP and it only took him two attempts. He was very adept with bow and arrow too.

Here's a link to refresh your memory of him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpvCZwoj3tE

Maniac

Yep, Bob was awesome at what he did. I suspect lead powder, very tiny pellets, to do the balloon trick but that doesn't really help much and has nothing to do with the speed. I'll PM you a bit more, I don't want to take the thread completely off course.

Florian is great. He is also unique. Partially because he has put in thousands of hours perfecting his skills, just like Bob did!

Hu

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My prediction is that we'll see something more amazing than this on 7/29/2028, but not before.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are those gold crown pockets (corner castings) on a diamond table?

Attachments

• IMG_2593.jpg
    IMG_2593.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 306

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Probably the best trick shot entertainer out there today. Not a thing wrong with that. I also enjoy how he uses showgirls to add to the act. What worked for Dean Martin works for him... ;)

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He also plays decent 3 cushion. I know he has a video series about getting to a 1.00 average.

As far as sure entertainment, Dr Cue has us all beat. But none of us are pulling what he is pulling in his shows. Yeah a number of the "video shots" will never be done in person in a show, but a number of his hard shots he does in person and hits them them within 3-5 attempts. Like the satellite masse. Just crazy.

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In reference to the table, I know he has/had a deal with Rasson. So I would assume it's that.