Kamui chalk

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't heard much talk about Kamui chalk lately. I found a piece at DCC last year and liked it so much I bought another. I play 4-5 times a week and both pieces are about half worn so using 1 piece per year averages $30/yr.

The only drawback I've noticed is the balls may skip more. No scientific evidence.

The positives are: less chalk on my home table, less chalk on my hands and clothes, better English, and needing to chalk less frequently.

What are your thoughts?

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait is this a Kamui chalk thread????

In all honesty I use Predator chalk and will never look back.

It works great and is way cheaper. I don't have trouble getting chalk all over the place because I'm careful.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I use whatever is available, usually Master.

After I chalk up, I simply bounce the cue off my left hand (over the floor, not the table) to remove any excess chalk. You'll see Scott Frost do it all the time.

It's become part of my PSR.

ed2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have used them both and Kamui does last longer them predator.but i like predator better..for a couple reasons.. one is price for the price you cant beat it. IMO .. and the other reason i like predator better is because of the blogs of chalk that get on the Q ball when using Kamui ..when using Kamui chalk it looks like someone has been touching the Q ball up with lip stick...im always afraid that it could mess with the shoot your shooting..when im playing someone that uses Kamui chalk i try to clean the Q ball as much as possible..i guess it goes back to what ever floats your Boat.. :smile:

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
I use Master. I play about 4-5 times per week, and use 1 per 2 weeks or so. That avervages to about $0/decade, since it's free at the pool halls EVERYWHERE

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John is a friend and I love his tips.
However, I bought a piece of the chalk, used it a couple sessions and now it is sitting im my case until I sell it.
I thought I would love it but it just make to big of a mess for me. It left to many spots on the table and the cue ball for my liking.

Kamuitipsdotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John is a friend and I love his tips.
However, I bought a piece of the chalk, used it a couple sessions and now it is sitting im my case until I sell it.
I thought I would love it but it just make to big of a mess for me. It left to many spots on the table and the cue ball for my liking.

I will trade you the .98 for the 1.21... I think you will like that one as it is a harder compound and does not transfer to the ball as easy. If you load up a tip with any chalk it will leave a mark. Just that the .98 will stick. The 1.21 will not stick as easy and you can chalk your tip more often.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I have yet to get a good look at the predator chalk but I am in the know about the the binders and fillers they used to make it so it may all come down to the abrasives and QC that Kamui has going on... I'll pick up some of the predator chalk at SBE and take a close look, way better than the eye can see, and tell you what I think....

Way too many irons in the fire..... No wonder I get to actually play this game 2x a month.........

Chris