HUSTLIN Apparel

PoolChump

Banned
What is the story behind Hustlin apparel?

Did the person or company behind Hustlin think such a name closely related to the word, "hustling", would improve a positive view or outlook of pool or was the company created for a quick buck at the expense of the sport, game, hobby? Something tells me gambling is the heart of pool, but what about for those who don't gamble and play for other more inspiring reasons like social interaction, competition, or the exhilarating feeling one feels when playing near perfect.

If pool doesn't change the way it currently is portrayed, then it will continue on this same downward spiraling path.

Hustling is the deceptive act of disguising one's skill in a sport or game with the intent of luring someone of probably lesser skill into gambling (or gambling for higher than current stakes) with the hustler, as a form of both a confidence trick and match fixing. It is most commonly associated with, and originated in, pool (and to an extent other billiards-family games), but also can be performed with regard to other sports and gambling activities. Hustlers may also engage in "sharking"—distracting, disheartening, enraging, or even threatening their opponents—to throw them off. Hustlers are thus often called "pool sharks" (compare "card shark"). Professional and semi-pro hustlers sometimes work with a "stakehorse"—a person who provides the money for the hustler to bet with (and who may assist in the hustling)—in exchange for a substantial portion of all winnings. Another form of hustling (often engaged in by the same hustlers who use the skill-disguising technique) is challenging "marks" (swindle targets) to bet on trick shots that seem nearly impossible but at which the hustler is exceptionally skilled.

Resource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustling

Pool Hustling:
fIJk7f85ly8
https://youtu.be/fIJk7f85ly8

Last edited:

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's pretty simple...if you don't like the image that Hustlin apparel brings to the game then don't buy their product...heck for that matter don't even frequent a place where you might encounter the riffraff that would dawn such gear!...

I think Hustlin USA did a great job branding a simple, recognizable logo that pool players like...plus they support our sport by sponsoring players...

PoolChump

Banned
Hopefully Hustlin is just a fad

It's pretty simple...if you don't like the image that Hustlin apparel brings to the game then don't buy their product...heck for that matter don't even frequent a place where you might encounter the riffraff that would dawn such gear!...

I think Hustlin USA did a great job branding a simple, recognizable logo that pool players like...plus they support our sport by sponsoring players...

Hopefully Hustlin is just a fad.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its 2016 in case your in a time warp or lost on another planet
Let me bring ya up to speed there are more parents involved in thier kids shooting pool than ever was back in the dark ages of pool and hold on to your hat when I tell you this ,, I often see parents of means wearing Hustlin apparel it's by far and away the most popular gear in pool history bar none, and no question about it , it's great for the game

PoolChump

Banned
That is your opinion and your opinion alone

its 2016 in case your in a time warp or lost on another planet
Let me bring ya up to speed there are more parents involved in thier kids shooting pool than ever was back in the dark ages of pool and hold on to your hat when I tell you this ,, I often see parents of means wearing Hustlin apparel it's by far and away the most popular gear in pool history bar none, and no question about it , it's great for the game

That is your opinion and your opinion alone.

Sounds great for pool!

PoolChump

Banned
Hustlin makes a difference

No it's the opinion of thousands who where thier gear ,, the bad stigma of pool died decades ago

I can see where Hustlin has made leaps and bounds to improve the bad stigma of pool. Too bad there isn't a pool establishment on every corner, but at least you could possibly find one in every city.