What is the most consecutive racks of 9 ball ever run?

Peter_B

Registered
I've heard that Earl Strickland once ran 11 racks in a tournament, and the guy who ran the tournament had guaranteed a million dollars to anyone who could run 10 racks. However, that's the most racks I've ever heard of being run. Has anyone run more?

Also, what about other pool games? It seems Arthur Cranfield ran 768 in straight pool, and many people have run 147 in snooker. What about consecutive racks of 8 ball, 10 ball, one pocket, bank pool, and :eek: 15 ball rotation? Oh, and the highest scoring inning in 3 cushion. I'd love to compile a list of records for other games besides straight pool, so what high runs do you guys know of?

Last edited:

coyotebill1

Kenneth James, Athens, Al. has run 12 racks many times maybe more. The Miz went to college in Athens and he and Kenneth battled everyday

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Archer

If I remember it right Johnny Archer ran 13 and out in 9ball againts Francisco Bustamante gambling for 5k. Actually it was second set already, the first one won Busti for 2,5k. After Johnny ran out the whole set Busti proposed another one for 10k and Johnny refused, they went on to play for 5k and Busti won 3rd set 13-11 I think.

raybo147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neils ran 15 (9-ball) in Holland, Mika once ran 12 against me at Classic Billiards in Phoenixville PA about 6 years ago. I have run neither of these numbers!

asn130

Night owl
Silver Member
i think i remember reading on here that jack hines ran over 20 racks in Ft Worth.

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
I think that when we talk about running racks, we should specify whether its on a bar-box or a 9-footer. Two very different ball games!

I know that Ralfs 27/28 run in 8-ball was on a 9-footer, IPT equipment. He did it preparing for an IPT event.

Also Niels Feijens 15 rack run in 9-ball was on a 9-footer. I believe Berry or HOB Weert on here have the details on that one.

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Neils ran 15 (9-ball) in Holland

I read about this achievement too. Feijen = 15 rack runner

I watched Stalev run 5 racks then 6 racks on tight equipment against Strickland. Earl had 1 inning, ran a 5 pack and came up dry on the 6th break. Stalev never let him back to the table. 11 games in 2 innings.

I watched Keith run 8 racks without breaking a sweat. He dumped the 9th rack.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In tournament 3-Cushion, I believe a Spaniard ran 15 and out, I think against Culemans, but I can't remember for sure.

s'portplayer

Midnight Rambler
Silver Member
Did you see this? Johnnyt

I was going to bring Keith up as well.

He did a podcast with TAR and mentioned that he ran all of these racks. I can't remember the exact number, but it was in the low 20's and in 3 sets.

No I did not see it, just heard the man say it.

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Ronnie and onepocket

In Hot Springs AR, Ronnie Allen ran 10 and out on me six games in a row. (He was playing me 10 to 8) In one of the games he owed one, and he ran eleven on a Gold Crown 1. I didnt give him a chance to run seven racks because I quit.
At Bensingers in Chicago when Nixon was president, I ran 10 and out 5 games in a row on a 5 x 10 (table 13).

the Beard

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to bring Keith up as well.

He did a podcast with TAR and mentioned that he ran all of these racks. I can't remember the exact number, but it was in the low 20's and in 3 sets.

No I did not see it, just heard the man say it.

I researched this one and apparantly he ran 21 racks, made up of 3 sets, races to 7. This was on a bar box, playing some poor sap road player at the old Hard Times in Costa Mesa, CA (I have not been able to confirm that this was the actual location).

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In tournament 3-Cushion, I believe a Spaniard ran 15 and out, I think against Culemans, but I can't remember for sure.

That's right. Avelino Rico ran a 15 and out vs Ceulemans at a Championship in Las Vegas. I was at the venue at the time and when I saw that Ceulemans was up 48-35 in a race to 50, I figured it was over. So I step out to the lobby and about 20 minutes later I hear this loud roar from inside the tournament room. As people start coming out, I find out that Rico came back with a 15 billiard run - AND I DIDN'T GET TO SEE IT! DARN.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Archer ran 15 straight in 9 ball vs Buste

If I remember it right Johnny Archer ran 13 and out in 9ball againts Francisco Bustamante gambling for 5k. Actually it was second set already, the first one won Busti for 2,5k. After Johnny ran out the whole set Busti proposed another one for 10k and Johnny refused, they went on to play for 5k and Busti won 3rd set 13-11 I think.

In pool school with Archer last Saturday this came up. Johnny said it was 15 straight versus Buste.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's right. Avelino Rico ran a 15 and out vs Ceulemans at a Championship in Las Vegas. I was at the venue at the time and when I saw that Ceulemans was up 48-35 in a race to 50, I figured it was over. So I step out to the lobby and about 20 minutes later I hear this loud roar from inside the tournament room. As people start coming out, I find out that Rico came back with a 15 billiard run - AND I DIDN'T GET TO SEE IT! DARN.

Thanks for verifying it! I read about it in Billiards Digest. The biggest run I've personally seen, the brother of a regular player back in Binghamton, NY used to come in once a week or so and practice 3-cusion. One day he ran 8!! My personal high run is only 4, so I'm well aware of how difficult it is.

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
The Great One...

Travis Trotter has run multiple five packs with his Cuetec cue...

But that was against his dad...

With break and ball in hand...

The "hand span" position rule in effect...

And unlimited mulligans whenever he didn't pocket a ball...

Ok, so maybe not all that impressive!
:p

*I didn't personally witness these awesome runs so they remain unverified.*