rauenzahn cues

pendletonjohn

Registered
greetings all - a friend has an old herman rambow cue he is sending to have a duplicate made by jerry rauenzahn. i was thinking of having one made too. are there any features (ie. ivory/brass/stainless joint, tip, wrap, etc.) that i would be kicking myself for not having special ordered with it? i figure this is probably the only cue i will ever have made and i want to do it right. i dont need fancy detailed work or inlays, more interested in a good hitting cue that will make a mediocre shooter shoot a little better. thanks for your help all!

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
With the exception of the tip, none of the things you have mentioned should impact your game. I have several 1 of 1 cues I have commissioned over the years. My advice is simple buy what you want. Get the look the feel and playability you desire.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
My Rauenzahn has a nice, thick-walled SS 5/16x14 compression fit joint that I love...I've heard he specializes in a half joint version that is supposed to be really special. He also supposedly has a little Cortland #9 around that would make a sweet addition to a Rambow.