Best grip for predator Revo Shaft

ranrefael

Registered
I'm interested in ordering the Revo shaft since so many players recommended it, but I read recently that the butt effects the shaft as well.
Before you guys write that it's a mater of personal opinion, I just want to know if the butt really does effects the Revo and which butt would you recommend pairing with the Revo 12.4.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opinion is that the butt doesn’t affect the performance of the shot to any discernible degree. I subscribe to the belief that the butt is for show. I have a 12.4 Revo Uniloc. I have an Ikon butt. I like how modular it is. I’m a fan of adjusting the weight and balance with a Uniloc Weight Kit or being able to add on the QR Extension. Those are the amenities I appreciate (plus the aesthetics) but otherwise would consider the butt interchangeable. This is my first time with a leather wrap. Like switching to Diet soda. It’s off-putting with it at first and then it becomes off-putting without it. It didn’t take long for my brain to shift. Before I loved linen wraps. The only thing I feel weird about is no wrap.

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm interested in ordering the Revo shaft since so many players recommended it, but I read recently that the butt effects the shaft as well.
Before you guys write that it's a mater of personal opinion, I just want to know if the butt really does effects the Revo and which butt would you recommend pairing with the Revo 12.4.

Simply buy one and use it. If you do not like it will sell real fast. I use the REVO on various butts. There is no formula. The combo you feel most comfortable with is the pair.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My opinion is that the butt doesn’t affect the performance of the shot to any discernible degree. I subscribe to the belief that the butt is for show. I have a 12.4 Revo Uniloc. I have an Ikon butt. I like how modular it is. I’m a fan of adjusting the weight and balance with a Uniloc Weight Kit or being able to add on the QR Extension. Those are the amenities I appreciate (plus the aesthetics) but otherwise would consider the butt interchangeable. This is my first time with a leather wrap. Like switching to Diet soda. It’s off-putting with it at first and then it becomes off-putting without it. It didn’t take long for my brain to shift. Before I loved linen wraps. The only thing I feel weird about is no wrap.

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

I’m currently using an iKon 2-1 with the REVO. I also like the fact current Predator butts can be customized. The extension is an important accessory

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most important thing in selecting a butt for a cue is making sure it is pretty to you. Really.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am going through a similar thing, although we already own a uniloc revo and I am trying it out on different cues. So far my favorite was an older Predator limited edition collaboration with I think Longoni with a metal joint. Second would be the IKON 1 cue that the shaft came with and third is a Lucasi cue I just tried out a day ago. The Longoni Predator cue had the thickest butt and had a more rear balance, IKON was more even balanced with a softer hit. Lucasi I did not much like the hit of and did not like the balance.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
I am going through a similar thing, although we already own a uniloc revo and I am trying it out on different cues. So far my favorite was an older Predator limited edition collaboration with I think Longoni with a metal joint. Second would be the IKON 1 cue that the shaft came with and third is a Lucasi cue I just tried out a day ago. The Longoni Predator cue had the thickest butt and had a more rear balance, IKON was more even balanced with a softer hit. Lucasi I did not much like the hit of and did not like the balance.

I had five butts and kept two.

– Older P3 with the fatter butt was quite stiff so although it felt nice it was too heavy handed.

–*Ikon 3-1 was very nicely balanced but it lacked power overall.

– the first revo p3 butt was slimmer than the old one and not as stiff. it made my 12.9 revo feel extremely front heavy. but it was so easy to make balls with this combination. a bit too whippy with the 12.4.

– my second revo p3 butt was odd balance wise but it felt a little heavier in the forearm/joint so it was easy to play jacked up shots – something that i couldnt do for the others. although challenging balance-wise i felt that it had the most range in terms of shots so i kept this one and made it my main player

– a stratos that was quite evenly balanced and is really comfy. not too stiff as well. my goldielocks cue. this one i kept as well

for all combinations i had to adjust my bridge distance to accommodate the pivot. the ones i kept were those in which i had to make fairly minimal adjustments as well. In some instances i had to change my stance entirely because of the combination of the balance (grip hand placement) and pivot point (bridge hand placement). I could relearn but i felt that the upsides werent good enough to warrant the effort.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would recommend either a balabushka or a black boar that's worth at least $20k, either of these will really accent a revo nicely on league night!:grin: