Slate width dimensions of a 9' (Connelly) table

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am close to finding out if my offer is accepted on a house and low and behold, it has a pool table in it already and I think I may be able to get the seller to include it. However, I want to move it to a different room since my longer 64" cue will have issues where it is now. There is an entryway to that room that I think the table will be able to roll though if I have all the legs on moving dolly's but I am thinking at very minimum I will need to remove the rails.

Can you save me the trouble and tell me how wide that slate would be? My guess is 54".

Thanks.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are about 2 inches short for a 9 ft. It’s 50 inch nose to nose (play field) with 2 inch sub rail and slate should extend past sub rail 1 inch, so a total of 56” wide for slate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
57*inches for a nine footer

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are about 2 inches short for a 9 ft. It’s 50 inch nose to nose (play field) with 2 inch sub rail and slate should extend past sub rail 1 inch, so a total of 56” wide for slate.

That's kinda what I figured but isn't a 9' table 50 x 100" and if you add 2" to each side that would be 54"?

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes you are correct if you are just figuring back of featherstrip to back of featherstrip, but the slate extends past featherstrips an inch or so.

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
No need for maths.
They are 57 inches wide

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No need for maths.
They are 57 inches wide

Thanks.

Our offer was accepted, so now I asked my realtor to see if they are willing to work the table in the deal. I go there Monday for the inspection and plan to measure the opening to the other room because if I can wheel it in there without removing the slate/clothe I'll be a happy man.