Here are some pics of my Irish theme cue....

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Hello everyone, I thought I'd share some pics of my Luck of The Irish theme cue. I designed this cue with Rick at Esoteric Custom Cues. This is an excellent playing cue as most Esoteric cues are. I'm a full blooded Irishman and I had always wanted to have an Irish themed cue built. All the white inlays are ivory, the joint and butt cap are juma ivory. I had the Celtic crosses to show my Christian faith, I also had Rick use the colors of the flag of Ireland for the veneers also had Rick put the flag of Ireland inlays in the butt sleeve. There are 4 green clovers in each point for luck. I'm very happy with everything about this cue. If you've never shot with one of Ricks cues, all I can say is they play great. Rick thought of using the green ring work, they have an Emerald stone look to them. I just wanted to show this beautiful cue off, I'm very happy how it turned out. Can't thank Rick enough, great build my friend. I hope you enjoy the look of this cue as much as I do owning it.:woot::woot: Thanks for checking out this beauty.

Chris:wink:

Attachments

• DSC_0252.jpg
    DSC_0252.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 635
  • DSC_0253.jpg
    DSC_0253.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 625
  • DSC_0256.jpg
    DSC_0256.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 635

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Where is the Irish linen? Elephants aren't Irish. It's a good looking cue though.
Yes we thought about that, but I really love elephant ear wraps. I was going to do Irish linen, if I get tired of this wrap I will put one on. Rick and I talked about the same thing. Thanks for the comments guys.
Chris:smile:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I can't imagine not using Cortland Linen #9 as the wrap for this cue......it's the "perfect" match for this design with its white with green speck pattern.
With all this ebony wood, the Cortland #9 green speck pattern would compliment the appearance and be more congruous with the theme more than any other wrap......IMO.

In any event, this cue's design is admittedly innovative and unique......a really great idea.........and Rick's workmanship is just immaculately executed.......Well Done!

Matt B.

Last edited:

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Personally, I can't imagine not using Cortland Linen #9 as the wrap for this cue......it's the "perfect" match for this design with its white with green speck pattern.
With all this ebony wood, the Cortland #9 green speck pattern would compliment the appearance and be more congruous with the theme more than any other wrap......IMO.

In any event, this cue's design is admittedly innovative and unique......a really great idea.........and Rick's workmanship is just immaculately executed.......Well Done!

Matt B.

I agree about the cortland.

Hey Zig, call Peachour and order the cortland.

Ship me the cue and the wrap and I will remove the EE, refinish the Cue and install the cortland on the house buddy.

All you have to do is pay the shipping.

He's right, this cue is screaming for the Cortland.

Rick

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
I agree about the cortland.

Hey Zig, call Peachour and order the cortland.

Ship me the cue and the wrap and I will remove the EE, refinish the Cue and install the cortland on the house buddy.

All you have to do is pay the shipping.

He's right, this cue is screaming for the Cortland.

Rick
Well just got off the phone with Pechauer Custom Cues, I went ahead and ordered that Cortland wrap for my cue. As soon as it gets to me, the cue is off to Rick @ Esoteric for it's face lift. I can't wait to see the cue after Rick finishes it, I know it's gonna look killer. Many thanks for helping me out. I'll post new pics as soon as I get the cue back. :clapping::clapping:
Chris:smile:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris.......I think you will love your cue even more, especially as the Cortland ages........and darkens.......the wrap contrast sandwiched between the green rings and ebony on top and bottom. it will become akin to framing a great photo with matting, etc........it makes the picture truly stand out.......Your cue was already handsome and unique.......adding a Cuttyhunk wrap like Cortland is just the final masterful touch......Look forward to seeing the new photos..........Rick did a glorious job producing this design too.

Matt B.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Chris.......I think you will love your cue even more, especially as the Cortland ages........and darkens.......the wrap contrast sandwiched between the green rings and ebony on top and bottom. it will become akin to framing a great photo with matting, etc........it makes the picture truly stand out.......Your cue was already handsome and unique.......adding a Cuttyhunk wrap like Cortland is just the final masterful touch......Look forward to seeing the new photos..........Rick did a glorious job producing this design too.

Matt B.

Matt is so right Chris.

I love EE but the cortland will give the old school look.

Thanks Matt, this will be a labor of love for at great guy.

Rick