Oh snap

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This sounds awesome. Throw in a locker for my cigars and rum and it's heaven. I know, most don't like cigars...totally understand that. But damn, for less than the price of an average bottle of wine I get to be a member for a month? Spectacular. Too bad it's in Ohio. If I can see my breath I don't get out of bed. Good luck to you.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
This sounds awesome. Throw in a locker for my cigars and rum and it's heaven. I know, most don't like cigars...totally understand that. But damn, for less than the price of an average bottle of wine I get to be a member for a month? Spectacular. Too bad it's in Ohio. If I can see my breath I don't get out of bed. Good luck to you.

Locker ready (oiled, polished, fresh hardware)

Attachments

• received_3551674074853112.jpeg
    received_3551674074853112.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 202

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's awesome. Is this anywhere near Warren, Ohio? If so I will see you when it's in the 80?s again. I have to go there every once in awhile. I can cram a month's worth of pool in a long weekend no problem.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Is there a guest policy? Like -bring a guest for ~20$ a day- type thing being considered?

I really like this idea. It's sort of like the situation I have here. I have a key to a room with two 9ft Diamonds and it is 10$ per day a person, and that's a good deal to me.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Is there a guest policy? Like -bring a guest for ~20$ a day- type thing being considered?

I really like this idea. It's sort of like the situation I have here. I have a key to a room with two 9ft Diamonds and it is 10$ per day a person, and that's a good deal to me.

Probably not during an active pandemic. If the guidelines change, and Billiard Halls are shut down, we are exempt since it is a members-only private club that does not sell alcohol. The only guidelines that we would be bound by are Gathering Size limits and Stay-at-Home Orders. For now, entirely private is the expectation, to be able to control entry and protect the health, security, and safety of members.

Down the road, hopefully yes.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wonderful concept come to life and best of luck with this undertaking.

It would be great if you operated as the franchisor and each club was a independent franchisee.
You could structure this favorably as a franchise venture & offer franchises for sales if approved.

Locations, capitalization requirements, applicant approval, club design & requirements you control.
New franchisees could lease equipment, pay franchise fees while you try concentrate on marketing.

Great to be involved in something supported by passion as much as your own business savviness.

Matt B.

crazy8legs

Registered
I think the nice pool room nearby closed their daytime hours and removed their day rates, hourly only. My pricing crushes it for a frequent player.

Once a week league night, the club model doesn't work
I think that if you factor in drinks and green fees, $125 is not out of line with what you pay for once a week in league per month.

This is amazing! I hope it works out well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I think that if you factor in drinks and green fees, $125 is not out of line with what you pay for once a week in league per month.

This is amazing! I hope it works out well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thank you, here is an update from this afternoon. The tables on this half should be finished by the weekend, then the flooring and auxiliary lighting can go in

The big tables are all 4.5" pro cut, the barboxes are 4.25" Ridgeback pockets with deeper shelves.

Attachments

• 20200930_161245.jpg
    20200930_161245.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 195

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Just need to wipe them down, but mirror polished and looking great. Should be some of the nicest GCs in the country. 4.5" pockets with Superspeeds

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Coming together, we have to hang the ball holders, one more task for the scissor lift, and then flooring can go in

I lined up some cool old diner counter stools to help with seating for the middle table. Very small footprint and shouldn't get into anyone's way.

We're having an open house with free pool this weekend, PM me for an invite if you're around the Columbus OH area!

Attachments

• received_834084217394417.jpg
    received_834084217394417.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 124
  • received_926191914456342.jpg
    received_926191914456342.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 135
  • received_1280937578905347.jpg
    received_1280937578905347.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 110
  • received_646180442954641.jpg
    received_646180442954641.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coming together really well.......looking great.......it would be nice to see a private club membership
also warrant including a couple, if not at least one, billiard tables. It would mean sacrificing some
other tables but just one billiard table would provide a really well rounded venue of different games.
But if the interest, i.e., demand, isn’t there, which seems to be the general trend nowadays, why bother.
Getting back to the club setup, it looks to be a wonderful design and should be a screaming success.

Matt B.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I will second Bavafongoul on the billiards table. I only had access to a billiard table from '76 to '79. This lack of access is
one of my great "pool regrets" because I love the rails and banking and billiards is perfect for such. Must do, imho.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Coming together really well.......looking great.......it would be nice to see a private club membership
also warrant including a couple, if not at least one, billiard tables. It would mean sacrificing some
other tables but just one billiard table would provide a really well rounded venue of different games.
But if the interest, i.e., demand, isn’t there, which seems to be the general trend nowadays, why bother.
Getting back to the club setup, it looks to be a wonderful design and should be a screaming success.

Matt B.

The front room will have 4 Centennials

5x10 Snooker
5x10 Carom
4.5x9
4.5x9

The snooker and carom will be heated

I also have a stunning, pristine 5x10 GC1 snooker, but I had to jump at the chance for a Centennial to match the rest

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
private club means some come in and hang around and watch and socialize. that room looks hard to do that. and will be kind of noisy i would think.