Joss Color of Money Cue- $25K on eBay - signed by Tom Cruise

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
When at the International Open last year he did have a copy of the movie cue at the Joss booth. I asked because like you said, I've always seen it with inlays in the points or a different joint etc...

The person working the Joss booth (not Dan Janes at the time) mentioned he had a specific reason for not doing an exact copy but now he is able to do them again. I believe he had one at the Expo this year also.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When at the International Open last year he did have a copy of the movie cue at the Joss booth. I asked because like you said, I've always seen it with inlays in the points or a different joint etc...

The person working the Joss booth (not Dan Janes at the time) mentioned he had a specific reason for not doing an exact copy but now he is able to do them again. I believe he had one at the Expo this year also.

The reason was that people were trying to pass off the copies as an original. Spoke with Dan a few years back and he said that thanks to them putting serial numbers on the joint and enough time passing that they can go back to the original design.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears this is one of the few identical cues to the one used in the movie that Dan Janes gave to some of the cast members...so this is likely the one given to Tom! I've heard that Mr. Janes will not make an exact replica of the movie cue (most have inlays in the points), so this is pretty cool..:thumbup:

https://www.ebay.com/i/372644810062...860a8bc1690aa11abb7fa60fff5b424&ul_noapp=true

They are going to have to come with some more authentication for that item than just one line description.
No history for the seller
Don't high price items like that usually have an auction house that authenticates and signs certificate verifying that it is real?

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are going to have to come with some more authentication for that item than just one line description.
No history for the seller
Don't high price items like that usually have an auction house that authenticates and signs certificate verifying that it is real?

Yeah, I would want some serious provenance..

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
It appears this is one of the few identical cues to the one used in the movie that Dan Janes gave to some of the cast members...so this is likely the one given to Tom! I've heard that Mr. Janes will not make an exact replica of the movie cue (most have inlays in the points), so this is pretty cool..:thumbup:

Seller has 0 history/feedback and joined eBay a week ago. Item is $25,000 and the description is around 10 words in length.

Hmmmmmm :p

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

https://www.ebay.com/i/372644810062...860a8bc1690aa11abb7fa60fff5b424&ul_noapp=true

Three things:

1. No certificate of authenticity.
2. seven pictures of the butt and none of the shaft. why?
3. Condition listed as "new" yet its obvious from the logo that it's mid-90s.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To new of cue, to new of signature. Some movie fan bought a cue and took it to a Tom cruise signing. That is all