FREE tip & shaft cleaning...

cad1illac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi...Don't know if this is off thread but would like to know if you can make 3/8-10 brass inserts to help balance out cues. Have several I would like to have this done to. Typical birdseye problem, light in the front end.Thanks in advance for your help.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
141   2   1
cad1illac said:
Hi...Don't know if this is off thread but would like to know if you can make 3/8-10 brass inserts to help balance out cues. Have several I would like to have this done to. Typical birdseye problem, light in the front end.Thanks in advance for your help.

Well yes...it could be done. Not really a correct way to balance a cue though. You have to consider that the 3/8-10 pin takes a large 5/16 hole & when combined with the fact it'll be flat faced & the amount of material that'll be removed tapping the threads then there won't be a huge amount of brass left. I use a lot of BEM in my cues & have no problems getting the cues balanced using brass & steel 3/8-10 or Radial.:)

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
BlowFish said:
Damn, you just went 2 notches up and now on the hills of 1pRoscoe. :D
I think you mean "heels"..... :p

-Ross
has never bought, bribed, or bartered for his reputation...

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
Varney Cues said:
Well ladies & gentleman I was giving away burnishers in another thread in exchange for good rep. I've been stuck in 18th place awhile right behind Purdy. Don has a ton of rep as I can't pass him...so...here is another effort. Giving away the burnishers was so much fun lets try something else. I'll install a free Lepro, Triangle, or ElkMaster tip (your choice) and I'll clean & polish your shaft, no charge.......for the 1st five people who send me good rep claiming their FREE tip & cleaning. Only thing I ask is that you must be inside the US and include $10 to cover return Priority shipping. I'll do the work & get the shafts shipped back the very same day that I receive them. Here is a chance to get your shafts dialed in for maybe some members who don't have anyone professional nearby.
OK who's the first 5? :)

You sounds like a busy man!

hejests

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I don't qualify... wrong country and not enough greenies but gave ya some rep anyhow... past due rep really... you posted a thread a awhile back with instructions on how you do your tip jobs... and I learned a couple of things :D

cad1illac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi....Thanks for your quick reply. I'm edgey about it too. How about a 4 in. pin?. The cue is 17.5 oz. and it balances out at 18 in. from the butt, simply too 'back weighted' for me. Thanks for all you help.