Dumb question - be gentle

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I had always assumed that when a table is recovered with new cloth it is generally both the slate bed and the cushions that get recovered.

Is that right?

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Generally, yeah. I've got a buddy that wears out the cloth on his 7' Diamond at his house about twice a year. He wears holes in the cloth in the break and rack areas. We usually only do the rails every other time to save him a few bucks. 99% of the rest of the tables I cover, we just assume bed and rails get done all at the same time.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And........the point of your question was...........?

I'm involved in planning the recovering of the heated carom table (Gabriels) at our senior center and I have seen that Simonis came out with a rail cloth to complement their regular carom cloth, which is still to be used on the bed of the table. I want to suggest that we use that rail cloth on the cushions and I wanted to first ascertain whether recovering the cushions is a routine part of recovering or would it be an "extra".

You wouldn't have any experience, by any chance, with that Simonis rail cloth have you? I've only seen it on the kozoom site.

I'm just trying to educate myself a bit here before I talk to the guy who does the table recovering here. If I have to ask a dumb question I'd rather do it here than ask it of him.

I appreciate the answers, and the fact that no one made fun of me.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm involved in planning the recovering of the heated carom table (Gabriels) at our senior center and I have seen that Simonis came out with a rail cloth to complement their regular carom cloth, which is still to be used on the bed of the table. I want to suggest that we use that rail cloth on the cushions and I wanted to first ascertain whether recovering the cushions is a routine part of recovering or would it be an "extra".

You wouldn't have any experience, by any chance, with that Simonis rail cloth have you? I've only seen it on the kozoom site.

I'm just trying to educate myself a bit here before I talk to the guy who does the table recovering here. If I have to ask a dumb question I'd rather do it here than ask it of him.

I appreciate the answers, and the fact that no one made fun of me.

OK, well...to answer your question yes, in most cases the rail cloth gets changed when the bed cloth is changed using the same material on both but.....yes, there is a new separate rail cloth that is currently being tested as a separate material to be installed on the rails than the bed cloth....but, it's still in the testing stages in Europe for the time being and is unavailable to the US market as of right now, but check back with me in a couple of months as there may be more information available at that time.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Cloth

Oh boy is this gonna throw a curveball at the facility's that cut and package the cloth for distribution...

I put carom cloth on a set of rails and 3030 on the bed of a pool table, it was a fun playing table.

In my opinion....leave the cloth be as we know it today. The game has become a game of touch,feel,nics and clicks... The game has had enough changes in the last 10 years... Leave it be.

Rob.M

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, well...to answer your question yes, in most cases the rail cloth gets changed when the bed cloth is changed using the same material on both but.....yes, there is a new separate rail cloth that is currently being tested as a separate material to be installed on the rails than the bed cloth....but, it's still in the testing stages in Europe for the time being and is unavailable to the US market as of right now, but check back with me in a couple of months as there may be more information available at that time.

Are you sure it isn't out of the testing stages in Europe? I only ask because kozoom has it for sale and has it listed as in stock.

https://store.kozoom.com/en/en/simonis-precishot-carom-billiard-cushion-cloth-delsa-blue.html