Is This Acceptable?

langsky

Registered
Would this be considered an acceptable install? I am disputing this with the dealer.

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 785
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 786
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 758
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 755

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Not good enough for me or my clients, even if they don't know any better, I tell them what's up. I do the 2 piece method on the side pockets and can stretch it down to the bottom on the corners. I hate seeing relief cuts and staples. It takes me probably 45 extra minutes to finish the pockets out properly and worth it to me.

It seems to be standard practice for most installers. Find a MECHANIC and you will get far better results. You are most likely going to pay a little more, but, it is money well spent. I read your post in the main forum. Good luck.

Trent from Toledo

langsky

Registered
I am about 1 hour and 45 minutes from Seybert's. They advertise 3 certified table mechanics on staff. I am going to call them to see if they could do a move and reinstall for me.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
It would not be acceptable for my table. I ended up buying the Simonis install DVD because all the tables in our area looked similar to that and I know much nicer jobs can be done.

tjohnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yikes. You should post his name and location. If he is doing that much business then people in the area need to be shown what his work looks like.

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
That's only 2 tables a week... sounds like a part-time job to me. I get to do more than that in a day and never get callbacked for misaligned rails

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Depends. New install....for a lot of places who hire furniture assemblers, yeah, unfortunately, that's acceptable. Used table, if the cloth was not replaced, depending on the stretch pattern of the original install...might be as good as it gets.

As these other guys said, for a qualified mechanic, that's not acceptable. There shouldn't be metal in the face of the pocket that the ball could hit.

langsky

Registered
Depends. New install....for a lot of places who hire furniture assemblers, yeah, unfortunately, that's acceptable. Used table, if the cloth was not replaced, depending on the stretch pattern of the original install...might be as good as it gets.

As these other guys said, for a qualified mechanic, that's not acceptable. There shouldn't be metal in the face of the pocket that the ball could hit.

This was a new table, but showing it to another dealer that sells the same tables, they said it would not be acceptable to them. We have reached out to Legacy and it looks like they may help.

I have also contacted Kory at Seyberts about doing a complete tear down, recover, and rebuild. Anybody have experience with Seyberts installers?

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
If all else is good with the installation (level slate, tight cloth, etc), a much easier solution would be some RKC style pocket cuffs to hide the darts and staples.

16174519_10212626381602914_2926858833169449707_n.jpg

Last edited:

langsky

Registered
If all else is good with the installation (level slate, tight cloth, etc), a much easier solution would be some RKC style pocket cuffs to hide the darts and staples.

16174519_10212626381602914_2926858833169449707_n.jpg

I don't know if that would work based on how the fabric was split.

Attachments

• PocketCloseup.jpg
    PocketCloseup.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 631

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was a new table, but showing it to another dealer that sells the same tables, they said it would not be acceptable to them. We have reached out to Legacy and it looks like they may help.

I have also contacted Kory at Seyberts about doing a complete tear down, recover, and rebuild. Anybody have experience with Seyberts installers?

Recover. Good, get rid of that wine color