When do I get concerned about USPS?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You said the guy is in TX.

Don't worry about him.

Maybe he got Dean's Tascarella by mistake and is using it until your cue arrives.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Tried to send two cues to Vietnam.
Weeks later they're still not there.
Turns out the hired courier lost the package in Atlanta.
Cues ended up on Craigslist .

If the tracking shows no movement, I'd be worried.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been buying a lot of stuff online lately, since going out shopping is so difficult now. Number one, DON"T buy anything coming from China!! They are all over the internet selling all kinds of stuff at discount prices. You may have to do a little searching to find out where something is coming from but it's worth it. It will take approx. a month to get to you and if you paid through Paypal you may need to make a claim. I have one in now. It's pretty much impossible to reach any of these online China sellers by email to ask about the status of your purchase.

I send most of my books and DVD's out via Media mail, USPS. It used to take five to seven days on average for them to arrive. No more! Now it can take ten to twelve days on average and so far have lost one package containing both my books. Mailed in early March, made a claim in early April and the claim was denied in early May. I had printed the label online (usps.com) and had a tracking number on it. I personally put this in the mail slot at my local post office. There is NO record of it ever being received by the post office! I went in there and told the clerk that I had mailed it myself at this location and she said I would have to contact USPS online. I showed her my printed receipt for the postage and she was not moved. There is supposed to be $50 in automatic insurance, but don't count on getting anything for lost mail.

I had to send two more books and did so by Priority mail. They got there okay, but my total loss was almost $50 with two missing books and the extra postage. And that's the name of that tune.

I've had good luck ordering from Walmart, Amazon and eBay online. Pretty much one to two weeks delivery time is average.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Tried to send two cues to Vietnam.
Weeks later they're still not there.
Turns out the hired courier lost the package in Atlanta.
Cues ended up on Craigslist .

If the tracking shows no movement, I'd be worried.

Hired couriers are the worst.

A while back I had a call from someone down the road about 50 miles said a radiator was laying in their driveway addressed to me.

Dude drove off and didn't close his tail gate from the previous stop.

Still no movement. Priority mail says wait 15 days and then file a claim. Not sure how that would go although I can prove shipping and value. Still hoping it's a covid related delay and it gets there soon.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Hired couriers are the worst.

A while back I had a call from someone down the road about 50 miles said a radiator was laying in their driveway addressed to me.

Dude drove off and didn't close his tail gate from the previous stop.

Still no movement. Priority mail says wait 15 days and then file a claim. Not sure how that would go although I can prove shipping and value. Still hoping it's a covid related delay and it gets there soon.

I just had a cue get accepted at the post office and take 4 days to hit the distribution center in the same town.

The pandemic has everything bonkers right now, it will show up in less than 25 days, especially if you insured it.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I've been shipping and receiving packages and it's been willy nilly to say the least. Even letters taking way too many days.

I have one cue going from here in CT to Baltimore I mailed it on Apr 28 and for 4 days it's 50 miles from me stuck in Springfield, MA.

I've had similar with both Fedex and USPS.

Apparently it's due to very short staff due to covid-19. Lots of cqlling in sick, workers not wanting to handle packages and all.

Give it an extra day or 2 then if no real progress I'd suggest calling them to trace.

best,
brian kc

Here is the example I referenced a few days ago. It still has not made it to my customer but finally, as of today, is showing up on their tracking. It was apparently in The Bermuda Triangle for a lot of days. From me to him is just 282 miles. If they hit the new expected del'y date of this coming Thursday, that will be 9 days to go 282 miles.

USPS Tracking®
Tracking FAQs
Track Another Package+
Icon of a mailman Track Packages
Anytime, Anywhere Get the free Informed Delivery® feature to receive automated notifications on your packages Learn More
Remove
Tracking Number: 9506110418060119291266
Expected Delivery by
THURSDAY
MAY
by
7:45pm
USPS Premium Tracking™ Available
Status
In-Transit
May 6, 2020 at 8:15 am

Arrived at Unit

DUNDALK, MD 21222

Get Updates
In-Transit
Text & Email Updates
Proof of Delivery
Tracking History
May 6, 2020, 8:15 am
Arrived at Unit
DUNDALK, MD 21222
Your item arrived at the Post Office at 8:15 am on May 6, 2020 in DUNDALK, MD 21222.
May 6, 2020, 1:21 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
BALTIMORE MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 5, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
May 1, 2020, 3:12 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 28, 2020, 5:03 pm
Departed Post Office
CT 06770
April 28, 2020, 9:16 am
USPS in possession of item
CT 06770

JC

Coos Cues
Here is the example I referenced a few days ago. It still has not made it to my customer but finally, as of today, is showing up on their tracking. It was apparently in The Bermuda Triangle for a lot of days. From me to him is just 282 miles. If they hit the new expected del'y date of this coming Thursday, that will be 9 days to go 282 miles.

USPS Tracking®
Tracking FAQs
Track Another Package+
Icon of a mailman Track Packages
Anytime, Anywhere Get the free Informed Delivery® feature to receive automated notifications on your packages Learn More
Remove
Tracking Number: 9506110418060119291266
Expected Delivery by
THURSDAY
MAY
by
7:45pm
USPS Premium Tracking™ Available
Status
In-Transit
May 6, 2020 at 8:15 am

Arrived at Unit

DUNDALK, MD 21222

Get Updates
In-Transit
Text & Email Updates
Proof of Delivery
Tracking History
May 6, 2020, 8:15 am
Arrived at Unit
DUNDALK, MD 21222
Your item arrived at the Post Office at 8:15 am on May 6, 2020 in DUNDALK, MD 21222.
May 6, 2020, 1:21 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
BALTIMORE MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 5, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
May 1, 2020, 3:12 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 28, 2020, 5:03 pm
Departed Post Office
CT 06770
April 28, 2020, 9:16 am
USPS in possession of item
CT 06770

How do you get detailed tracking like that?

kgoods

Consistently Inconsistent
Gold Member
There is hope....

Hey John, don't give up.

I ordered a motherboard off ebay from a private seller and he shipped right away Priority USPS from New York. Normally took 4-5 days from where he was. After a day it said it was in Ohio somewhere and "in route to the destination". Stayed like that for another week so I contacted the guy since the PO wouldn't do anything for me since I wasn't the sender.

He apologized and refunded right away which was nice. So I bought from another source and forgot about it. A full 5 weeks later it just showed up out of the blue. I checked the tracking and it hadn't changed, still said in route and still in Ohio.

Got a hold of the guy and said guess what finally showed up? Returned it to him and all was well.

So don't give up, I have no idea how it could have stalled that long but there is a chance someone leaned it up against the wall somewhere and everyone is ignoring it 'cause "It's not my job". :)

Fingers crossed for you.
Ken

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gyms are closed, it's hard to find dumbbells for sale. I'm beefing up my home stuff so I ordered two 35 pound Weiders from a guy and the package is lost in the US Mail, tracking not working. The guy did the ebay postage and says he didn't get a receipt from the post office. So now I have two dumbbells lost and one dumbbell shipper. Can't find 50 pounders for the life of me.

How many dumbbells would you like , we have an abundance here in Ohio

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I have a package that has had the same status for 4 days now. It was at the Chicago International Distribution Center on May 2, then after that the same “In transit to next facility” status has been showing up daily. Not too worried, for now. :eek: