Pool table with wheels ?

Chaspool2017

Registered
Hello:
I would like to buy a pool table for my garage. Due to room this is only place table would fit ! If I do this do makers have wheels on bottom of legs as option ? I would want to move car out of garage and position table in middle of garage to play. Any thoughts is much appreciated !

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Typically you wouldn't want a pool table to move for multiple reasons, so I don't know of any who make their tables on wheels. Any options would have to be aftermarket.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hello:
I would like to buy a pool table for my garage. Due to room this is only place table would fit ! If I do this do makers have wheels on bottom of legs as option ? I would want to move car out of garage and position table in middle of garage to play. Any thoughts is much appreciated !

I recently delivered a GC1 to a customer in San Francisco that had a one care garage like you. I built a hydraulic lift system into the frame of the table that allows the table to be lifted by a foot pedal as well as lowered with one. When he jacks the table up, he spins it 90 degrees then rolls it to the inside back wall, then he can pull his car in for the night. When he wants to play pool, he just parks his car outside, rolls the table back in position, then after lowering it in place....its level and ready to play.

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello:
I would like to buy a pool table for my garage. Due to room this is only place table would fit ! If I do this do makers have wheels on bottom of legs as option ?

They sure do...they aren't cheap, and the accessory babes are priceless !:grin:

2h2p75c.jpg

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
This GC1 is moved daily.

What did you need to do to move the GC? Just make a Doohickey to support the frame with a channel for the stringer?? Do you need to make the Doohickey kinda long to get close to the legs as possible so the table wont bow on the ends and split the seems in the slate? Or is the timber frame pretty stiff to resist bowing?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What did you need to do to move the GC? Just make a Doohickey to support the frame with a channel for the stringer?? Do you need to make the Doohickey kinda long to get close to the legs as possible so the table wont bow on the ends and split the seems in the slate? Or is the timber frame pretty stiff to resist bowing?

The slate's are steel plate joined together, the frame is reinforced, and I modified a 1500lb motorcycle Jack to work living the frame NY building it as part of the frame.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
The slate's are steel plate joined together, the frame is reinforced, and I modified a 1500lb motorcycle Jack to work living the frame NY building it as part of the frame.

Think it would be likely to split a seem if it just had standard Brunswick slate dowels and glue with Bondo?
Cool idea on the motorbike jack.

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
On this same note, I recently moved to Ohio from Vegas where I had a 9' Diamond Pro-Am. I'm looking to duplicate my setup, but it will unfortunately be in the garage and I'll have to move the car out, roll the table out about 6' to play, then roll it back.

1) What would be the best option for moving the table - i.e. are there any specific dollies or jacks you would recommend to move the 1,200 pound, 1-piece slate table 6'?

2) I've never done this before - moved a table on a dolly - so do I need to be Arnold Schwarzenegger or will it roll out fairly easily?

3) Any other concerns like leveling? I was going to mark the table position on the floor with duct tape so after it is leveled in that spot, I can put it back in the same place each time I roll it out. It may not be perfectly level, but that's okay - will probably just be doing drills anyway.

Thank you.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Motorcycle Jack from Harbor Freight works real good. This is a GC1, it gets moved daily.

Attachments

• 12378094_980307525357906_5472994627245918157_o_1024x1024.jpg
    12378094_980307525357906_5472994627245918157_o_1024x1024.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,507

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
Motorcycle Jack from Harbor Freight works real good. This is a GC1, it gets moved daily.

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually saw this in another post from you as I was researching, but didn't know if it would translate to the Diamond or not. I prefer a ball return to drop pockets and am not familiar with the structure under the table/slate.

I'll check out Harbor Freight - thanks again!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks for the quick reply. I actually saw this in another post from you as I was researching, but didn't know if it would translate to the Diamond or not. I prefer a ball return to drop pockets and am not familiar with the structure under the table/slate.

I'll check out Harbor Freight - thanks again!!

Will work just fine with a Diamond ProAm.