best cue up to a 1,000 dollars

MANPUSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i got some money freed up , been out of pool for a while . i have 2 80ties meucci , i play with a schon .

what is best cue custom for 1,000 bucks ? i hope to get alot of replies from the pros here . im pretty much a 4 number player. but now im getting my daughter in pool . she loves it . she loves my cue , so i want one for me lol .

ive heard good things about rick howard , but i dont think he is in that price range .

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Did you want "best" as a subjective or objective perspective? :lol:

BTW - Ford trucks are best of the American car makers.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bryan Mordt(BCM). Great cues and a really good guy. Someone already said Rick Howard. Mezz also makes superb cues at really good price.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you know your preferences...what exactly you're looking for then with your budget you should not have problems finding a good player.
Of course it depends on ... you're looking for a new cue ordered from the maker or it is also ok to look for a used one. Then you just go for example here in for sale section or the other places and I'm sure you'll have enough to choose from.
I'd appreciate the possibility to try the cue at the table but atm due to this quarantine it is a problem...

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
McDermott is like a good buy, under $300.00 American Made, and Lifetime Warranty. Leave you $700.00 for paying to play.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I have a josey that I'd sell you for less than I purchased it new in october.

is it the best, I don't know, but I do know if I didn't have a bluegrass every player I'd be using it as my player. Hits the ball damn good.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At a $1000 I’d just get a Predator with a Revo shaft. I know it’s not custom but it’s a great cue.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick Howard

There is a super sweet rick Howard cue been for sale here for a while @ 1200ish.
I think has 4 shafts with it. That’s the best combo deal for a beautiful custom I’ve seen in a while. Just my opinion

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s on page 7 right now of the sale forum

There is a super sweet rick Howard cue been for sale here for a while @ 1200ish.
I think has 4 shafts with it. That’s the best combo deal for a beautiful custom I’ve seen in a while. Just my opinion

Howard with 4 shafts on page 7

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Don't have one but every Josey I have hit and touched was worth the money. Good value.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
It a good started I suggested, you don't need PINGS, to hit a Golf Ball.

I agree. But he asked about a 1K cue so wasn't sure where the sub $300.00 McDermott came from. :scratchhead:

You can buy a lot of nice cues up to a grand, you can't buy many for under $300.00, even from McDermott.