So, how much did he lose ?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
You guys do realize that those of us who don't sign up for the facebook proctology exam don't have a clue what you're posting about...

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys do realize that those of us who don't sign up for the facebook proctology exam don't have a clue what you're posting about...

John Barton went off in a gambling match. What started out as races to 7 for $100 spun out of control to a $2k per game spiral. If you search YouTube, you can watch his video explaining the spiral.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
John Barton went off in a gambling match. What started out as races to 7 for $100 spun out of control to a $2k per game spiral. If you search YouTube, you can watch his video explaining the spiral.

" hate when that happens :banghead:

Except,
when I'm on the winning side ;)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Count me in on being a Non-Fakebook User, I call it Fakebood because of Clown's like my Sister in Laws, Son.

His FAKEBOOK profile say's he's a Firefighter - EMT. He was a voulenteer firefighter long ago. Not ev3en sure he could turn or, or off a GAS barbeque. He is lazy.

Today he wear a Wally World Vest, and is stocking shelves PT, while his 74 y/o mom, helps support his family.

LOOSER.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Count me in on being a Non-Fakebook User, I call it Fakebood because of Clown's like my Sister in Laws, Son.

His FAKEBOOK profile say's he's a Firefighter - EMT. He was a voulenteer firefighter long ago. Not ev3en sure he could turn or, or off a GAS barbeque. He is lazy.

Today he wear a Wally World Vest, and is stocking shelves PT, while his 74 y/o mom, helps support his family.

LOOSER.

Nobody cares about your rant .
Go somewhere else .
It's loser. not looser.
Jeesh.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched part of it live

Looked like a simple cheap set of sessions. Neither guy was playing well. I cut it off and watched something else. They certainly played though. I saw it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off, I'm not surprised, something like this was almost inevitable.

Second, he claims to have grown up in the pool and gambling milieu yet thinks he can dictate the terms of paying his debt just by using noble, self-serving justifications. I sincerely hope for his sake that the folks he owes money to are the typical, easy going pool playing types. What worries me his reference to professional gamblers whom, the last time I checked, aren't accustomed to letting these kinds of debts slide on whatever terms the loser dictates.

Third, John, you should take the videos down. I know you're trying to justify, explain, and publicly accept responsibility but they are thoroughly pathetic and do not serve you well.

Lou Figueroa

Scrunge19

Registered
Third, John, you should take the videos down. I know you're trying to justify, explain, and publicly accept responsibility but they are thoroughly pathetic and do not serve you well.

Lou Figueroa

Exactly this. I also recommended that he pull the videos. These can do nothing to improve his reputation and quite a bit to damage it further.

If he absolutely had to post something, it should have been a 3 minute clip of him briefly stating that he got in over his head gambling and he will be resolving the situation quickly. Not a 45+ minute rambling video full of excuses that he says aren't excuses, armchair psychology, etc. That is much worse.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no dog in the fight.

That being said, when JB got on camera and said that his gambling debtors need to take a back seat to his employees as they take priority, that irritated me. You can't prioritize "after the fact". If they truly were his priority, he wouldn't have risked their paycheck/livelihood on a game of pool because he couldn't control his emotions.

Just my 2 cents.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
First off, I'm not surprised, something like this was almost inevitable.

Second, he claims to have grown up in the pool and gambling milieu yet thinks he can dictate the terms of paying his debt just by using noble, self-serving justifications. I sincerely hope for his sake that the folks he owes money to are the typical, easy going pool playing types. What worries me his reference to professional gamblers whom, the last time I checked, aren't accustomed to letting these kinds of debts slide on whatever terms the loser dictates.

Lou Figueroa

He says he's not a compulsive gambler and I tend to agree with him, but he has many of the traits of one. The main point is he couldn't seem to control his own actions. Now he's in a big hole at a bad time.

Last edited: