The cue you wish you had back

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
I've probably owned about 35 cues...I had a Bludworth that hit super..I loved it...BUT...Let it go...I had a Predator P-2 that shot lights out..Yep..Let it go...I had a Olivier I loved and had it refinished...It came back with a leather wrap I hated so, yep, got rid of it...
But of them all, I had a TAD 1-M cue that was FANTASTIC.......It paid for itself a hundred tImes over...Got it on a Friday...Went out that night and played in a big tournament..Won the tournament undefeated...Best hit of any cue I've had so far...The wrap started coming loose and the clear coat had a flaw which got worse...My friend said it looked like it had been refinished...I checked and it would take Tad forever to re-do it so I sold it...Now I wish I would of waited...Really, really miss that cue...
I have bought 2 just like it since then but none hit like that one...
So...What's your story??? What cue do you wish you had back???

Standbykid

Results or excuses?
Silver Member
A six point Nitti that I sold on here awhile back. I miss that cue. Oh, and a Schon SL-13 I sold in 2007. First nice cue I ever owned.

-J

MCP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Return to sender

I have a few nice players - Dayton,Stacey,Mcd D14, also an
Original Mint Adams Galaxie circa 70s
but the cue I would like to have back ----
A Furry SP4 sneaky pete. Used it day in day out played great and for some reason traded it. when I get a few extra $ just have to get another go figure.
MCP

Adam Brown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill McDaniel

I had a Bill McDaniel I picked up in a local pawn shop for a little of nothing. I sold it for about a 1,000% profit. I miss that cue. I bought a Schon a few months back and it hits almost identical considering I have the same predator shaft on it. The thing was I didn't even need the money I just wanted a more serious player to have it. I guess it went to a good cause and I am happy with what I have now but just the fact of knowing I may never come across a nicer cue than that eats at me sometimes.

Thanks, Adam

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've probably owned about 35 cues...I had a Bludworth that hit super..I loved it...BUT...Let it go...I had a Predator P-2 that shot lights out..Yep..Let it go...I had a Olivier I loved and had it refinished...It came back with a leather wrap I hated so, yep, got rid of it...
But of them all, I had a TAD 1-M cue that was FANTASTIC.......It paid for itself a hundred tImes over...Got it on a Friday...Went out that night and played in a big tournament..Won the tournament undefeated...Best hit of any cue I've had so far...The wrap started coming loose and the clear coat had a flaw which got worse...My friend said it looked like it had been refinished...I checked and it would take Tad forever to re-do it so I sold it...Now I wish I would of waited...Really, really miss that cue...

I bought a sweet Samsara off of you for a nice price a few years back. It is one of three I have, and I have no intentions of getting rid of it. That cue hits a ton.........But then again all Samsaras do IMO.

jka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please don't laugh, but my first cue was a Cobra and I wish I had it back. I had a lot of good times with it. Now that you go me thinking about it I may have to see if I can find one just like it.

Joqpub4

AZB GOLD
Silver Member
I think I'm in fear of missing them, still have the first two McDermotts I ever bought, an EK-1 (5/16-15 piloted SS joint) and an EJ-3 (balloon cue, 3/8-10 standard McD joint). Almost never shoot them, but still can't bear to part with them for exactly that loss/regret you are describing.

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Phillipi cue that I traded to Purdman from AZ years ago. I don't regret the actual trade, but looking back, that was the best hitting cue I've ever owned.

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
For me it would have to be my first custom,a six point South West that used to belong to the champion Joey Speath,I got it right after he passed.I kept it for about 6 month and then traded it for a Runde Schon,wish I had that one back also.:sorry:

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I've been playing with the same cue for 21 years. It's not for sale unless someone of historical signifigance like an all-time great player wanted it,or if someone just got silly with the price.

On the other hand,I've had several cues I bought to break with,or bought as an impulse buy,or got a hell of a deal on,and let go for whatever reason.

One of those was the cue my Schon replaced,a Meucci Original Oldie or OL-5 that was said to have been made for Jim Rempe,but he turned down for whatever reason. It had the white joint collar instead of the nickel/silver,and an open white/black spot wrap.

I sold that cue with 4 shafts that had Aegis ferrules on them for 20 bucks the day I got my Schon. I haven't seen the buyer or the cue since. The reason for kinda wanting it back is just a sentimental thing.

If I had known this next cue would have eventually brought big bucks,and if I had been more impressed with it based on playability,I wouldn't have let it go the way I did.

Back in the early 90's I bought a so called "pacifier" from Laurie at South West for 250.00. It was just a plain birdseye that didn't have much figure in it,a simple oil finish,plain black joint collars,and a solid black linen wrap. This cue was before the numbering system AND the cactus on the pin. The one shaft it came with had the old Westinghouse Micarta ferrule.

I broke with it for a while,and eventually replaced it with what I felt was a better break cue. It hit good,but was uncomfortable for me at 20.5oz.

It stayed in a case I had stashed in the corner at the house for 5-6 years,when an old buddy came to town after being away from pool for a while. He needed a cue to play with,and loaned him that one.

I never saw it again. Apparently,he didn't like it either because it disappeared out of his hands. The only reason I'd like to see it again and get it back is to flip it,these same cues have sold on here for 13-1400 with just one shaft.

The only other cue I've bought and sold before I realized what it would be worth was a plain-jane Cognoscenti I bought for 550 with 2 shafts,and sold 2 days later for 700. Tommy D.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I own about 150 cues, I've sold at least 150-cues, and I really don't miss any of them unless I see someone playing with one.
Unfortunately people are playing with my ex-cues all over Denver so it's a little tough.
I recently sold a Black Boar, South West, 4-Scruggs cues, several more, some unplayed, and the only cue I miss is an ivory jointed Tim Scruggs cue.
The guy I sold it to gave it away to one of his friends which bothered me a little, because I didn't want to sell it in the first place, but overall once they are gone who cares...they all play good (except a few)

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first schon I bought back in the 80's..back when you had to order one and wait 6 months. lol my all ebony 6 point monster Timmy scruggs is the one I missed the most..but I just couldn't keep a cue worth that much money that I didn't play with and once I hit balls with a lambros I could never play with it again. It hits that good!

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my lone regret

Of all the cues I've bought and sold, only ONE sticks out in my mind that I truly regret and kick myself in the a$$ over. It is my green veneered DZ 4 pointer with barbell inlays. The shaft was a special wood he used for special customers, which I only found out after I got rid of it. Kicked myself HARD then! I was way too into buying / selling back then but if I ever got it back it would remain with me for life. I really liked that cue...GRRRRR!!

P.S. Anyone know who has it? Wanna sell it back to me? Hit me up!!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

In this order.

My first McDermott D-1.
My first Schon.
My Tim Scruggs.
My custom one of a kind Joss.

I would love to have any one of those cues back. If I had to pick just one of them I would want the Schon. I loved that cue so much.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
i had a Bill MxDaniel solid ebony cue and a Scruggs from 2000 with tons of abilone in it that i kick myself all the time for ever getting rid of them.

my Main player now is a Bill McDaniel Q8 and i will never, ever, ever part with. Best hitting cue i have ever owned. and I have owned a ton of cues !!

-Steve

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Please don't laugh, but my first cue was a Cobra and I wish I had it back. I had a lot of good times with it. Now that you go me thinking about it I may have to see if I can find one just like it.

No laughing here! I had a Cobra myself in the mid 90s that played jam up. Wish I had that one back too.