Other Carbon Fiber shafts

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been bitten by the carbon fiber bug; but the high price of the big boys is making me ponder. I saw an ad for the Black Arrow shafts, and wondered if there were others not quite so high priced that I had not heard of. Also, any testimonials on any of the lesser known products would be appreciated.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Mcues has em here on azb fir 275

Wish i woulda found them before buying the jacoby

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I tried the Black Arrow and I didn't like it.

No pro taper and the hit wasn't real good.

So I sold it for $200 and was glad to get rid of it.

A bunch of people in my pool league are using carbon fiber shafts made

by someone in PA. They were around $200.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been bitten by the carbon fiber bug; but the high price of the big boys is making me ponder. I saw an ad for the Black Arrow shafts, and wondered if there were others not quite so high priced that I had not heard of. Also, any testimonials on any of the lesser known products would be appreciated.

I have a Radial pin Jacoby Black I’ll sell you cheap

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. I will definitely check out the shafts from Mcue. Thanks for the offer on the Jacoby Black, but I need a 5 x 16 x 14.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

Don't even think about the McDermott Deny. I've played with one several times because the owner of it wanted to sell it. It hits soft which is fine but it traps
the energy of the cue ball in the shaft and just feels heavy like a wet 2 x 4. I played with one last night for about 2 hrs and just couldn't stand it anymore so do at your own risk.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Seems quite a few local cue makers are doing carbon fiber shafts. I was just in Pensacola Florida and ran into a guy using what looked like a Revo taper with a white ferrule, he said a local cuemaker made it. Those have been much cheaper than the Revo or Mezz.

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have come across Black Magic shafts, and the maker is only about 3 hours from me. I will be checking them out, but again if anybody has any experience with them, please give us a review.

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have come across Black Magic shafts, and the maker is only about 3 hours from me. I will be checking them out, but again if anybody has any experience with them, please give us a review.

I got in on the kickstarter he did for them, hoping to have mine in the next few weeks, I ordered a 31" for my custom 63" BHQ cue. Being one of the only makers offering a 31" option I decided to take the leap of faith, the maker is actually on here.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Anyone have any info on the Pechauer Rogue shaft? Im interested but i have no idea how it's constructed or how it plays.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BEST carbon fiber shaft I've played with so far is the Becue.

I've tried the REVO, the Cuetec, the Meucci Pro, and a couple more.

Maybe the reason I like it better is because it is on my carbon fiber Becue butt.

I haven't found any carbon fiber shaft attached to a wooden butt that plays as well as the Becue does on its matching carbon fiber butt.

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
Carbon Fiber Shafts

I sell the blank tubes from China for $75, paypal F&F, I pay shipping CONUS. They are 12.75 at tip, .848 at joint, 30" long. You can have your cuemaker/repairman finish them out to your specs. Terry Aeschliman Galveston Indiana

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Anyone have any info on the Pechauer Rogue shaft? Im interested but i have no idea how it's constructed or how it plays.

I use one on my playing cue. It's the 11.8mm.

I think it's great, the construction seems solid and without detectable flaws, but I'm not necessarily the most sensitive to such things by nature.

What I am sensitive to is squirt, which is right on par with a Predator Z3, and juuuust a hair less than a Cuetec Cynergy (both of which I've tested it against). Haven't done the back-and-forth tests with a Revo or other CF shafts (although I bet someone has between the Revo and the Z), nor between the Rogue 11.8 and the larger-diameter Rogues.

Feel-wise, it's pretty well-dampened, particularly compared to the Cynergy which feels like it hits very firmly by comparison. I'm still on the stock Pechauer tip, which I'm going to change out for a Tiger Onyx sometime soon and see if the hit gets any livelier. The feel is a bit muted for my tastes.

That said, when I put a good stroke on the ball I get plenty of energy into the CB. I haven't done a power-shot back-and-forth test with the Cynergy or Z (and now that I realize this I kinda want to), but on longer draw shots I think I get at least as much zip on the ball as I did with the Z (which was my playing shaft for several years before this).

Anything else you wanna know?

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I use one on my playing cue. It's the 11.8mm.

I think it's great, the construction seems solid and without detectable flaws, but I'm not necessarily the most sensitive to such things by nature.

What I am sensitive to is squirt, which is right on par with a Predator Z3, and juuuust a hair less than a Cuetec Cynergy (both of which I've tested it against). Haven't done the back-and-forth tests with a Revo or other CF shafts (although I bet someone has between the Revo and the Z), nor between the Rogue 11.8 and the larger-diameter Rogues.

Feel-wise, it's pretty well-dampened, particularly compared to the Cynergy which feels like it hits very firmly by comparison. I'm still on the stock Pechauer tip, which I'm going to change out for a Tiger Onyx sometime soon and see if the hit gets any livelier. The feel is a bit muted for my tastes.

That said, when I put a good stroke on the ball I get plenty of energy into the CB. I haven't done a power-shot back-and-forth test with the Cynergy or Z (and now that I realize this I kinda want to), but on longer draw shots I think I get at least as much zip on the ball as I did with the Z (which was my playing shaft for several years before this).

Anything else you wanna know?

That's pretty good. Thanks. I'm pretty interested in how it compares to the Revo so if and when you get to test that please let me know.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

Several at my home room have them and love them. I've hit a few with it and its seemed fine. From what I've seen and heard from experienced players I'd trust it.