Original Filipino Invasion

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
Who would fall into that group? Obviously Parica is number one, and Efren shortly afterwards. Who would you put into a list of maybe the original 5 or maybe 10? I'm creating some artwork that commemorates their trek to the United States, and I know my choices would be different than those who are more familiar with the scene when it broke.

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reyes,luat, bustamante, andam,kiamko
To. manallo , pagulayen, and so forth to orcullo ,alcono...ect
I think a timeline collage would be cool with all the pinoy players, starting with parica ofcourse and ending with Biado or newer.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Parica, Reyes, Bustamante, Luat and Andam. The best Philippine team ever!

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might add this player, Santos Sambajon a fine player in his own right and Efren Reyes corner man in the 2006 IPT World
Eight ball Championship where Efren won 1st prize of $500,000 thousand the biggest prize ever in a Pool tournament.
Santos beat Kid Delicious (in sudden death) for one of his titles in the ESPN Skins Billiards Championship for the
1st prize of $73,500.

The World 9-Ball Championship just payed $30,000 for first, what happened ??? :(
That's another thread though.

Last edited:

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might add this player, Santos Sambajon a fine player in his own right and Efren Reyes corner man in the 2006 IPT World Eight ball Championship where Efren won 1st prize of $500,000 thousand the biggest prize ever in a Pool tournament.

Santos beat Kid Delicious (it went to sudden death) for one of his titles in the ESPN Skins Billiards Championship for the first place prize of $73,500.

The World 9-Ball Championship just payed $30,000 for first, what happened ??? :(
That's another thread though.

Of course you know that huge prize was an anomaly coming from the deranged brain of a convicted felon scam artist, who is now convicted of another felony.
For pool to even have been involved with that nutcase doesn't say much for pool. Only a lunatic would have made the promises he did, and pool bought into it just as buyers of his books did. Reminds of the movie "The Music Man".
Anyway as you said that's for another thread; I just couldn't help myself :wink:

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course you know that huge prize was an anomaly coming from the deranged brain of a convicted felon scam artist, who is now convicted of another felony.
For pool to even have been involved with that nutcase doesn't say much for pool. Only a lunatic would have made the promises he did, and pool bought into it just as buyers of his books did. Reminds of the movie "The Music Man".
Anyway as you said that's for another thread; I just couldn't help myself :wink:

I noticed you couldn't help yourself, unfortunately everyone already knows what you
couldn't wait to tell us. How quick can you say old news, thanks well done. :wink:

Last edited:

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Nice signature, JohnPT. Former Marine?
Take one to know one I suppose. Semper Fi!

No I am not a Marine. I just like the Rifleman's Creed. But, I would like to thank you for your service and wish you and all other vets a Happy Independence Day.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Who would fall into that group? Obviously Parica is number one, and Efren shortly afterwards. Who would you put into a list of maybe the original 5 or maybe 10? I'm creating some artwork that commemorates their trek to the United States, and I know my choices would be different than those who are more familiar with the scene when it broke.

The original? Jose.

And then he led Efren and then Franciso.

Luat and Andam came next.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Filipino Gene was the original.
Then Parica then Efren.
Luat and Andam after that . Santos, Gallego and Kiamco came after that.
Alex, Manalo, Alcano, Orcullo and Gomez after them.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boyet "Crown" Del Rosario should be there on that short list, he came in at the same time as "Boy Samson" Luat and "Dodong Dadiangas" Andam...